The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Jan Fennell Talk

thebarkangel

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi there,

If anyone is interested Jan Fennell and Tony Knight are doing a talk :)

SATURDAY 7th OCTOBER 2006 1:30pm - Leisure World, Colchester

An Afternoon with the Dog Listeners

The Charter Hall at Leisure World, Cowdray Avenue, Colchester, Essex CO1 1YH.

I will be there and several other Dog Listeners :)

If anyone wants more info then please PM me.

shame that's a bit far for me to come....are they doing any dates in the midlands?

Sorry next one is even too far south for me :blink:

It's in/near Dorset somewhere :b

I would be interested if they were to come further north

JAX said:
I would be interested if they were to come further north
Remember watching Jan on the telly and she was on about recall she said if you are in a park and your dog wont come just get in your car and drive away then come back in a while.

Sorry i could never use this method.

That is what she did with one of her dogs once and drove about 200 yards!!

She would never condone driving off and leaving your dog in the park!! How would it be able to re-join you if you had left it? Her method is not about terrifying your dog but teaching it the difference between acceptable and unacceptable behaviour in a way that enhances your relationship with your dog because you understand the reasoning behind alot of it's behaviour.

thebarkangel said:
That is what she did with one of her dogs once and drove about 200 yards!!
She would never condone driving off and leaving your dog in the park!! How would it be able to re-join you if you had left it? Her method is not about terrifying your dog but teaching it the difference between acceptable and unacceptable behaviour in a way that enhances your relationship with your dog because you understand the reasoning behind alot of it's behaviour.

I have done this with a dog who wouldn't get in the car when it was time to go, and I know a good friend a member of this board has done the same (though she would never admit to following any of Jan Fennell's advice :- " ) My dog only refused to come back once :D

Any more takers on this one?

Tickets are going fast and her son Tony is definately worth listening to, he is very good at explaining her method so it makes sense, Jan tends to go off on alot of tangents and can get a bit foggy at times but Tony is fantastic he taught me alot :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back