The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

just a rant

Mad Murphy

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have a layabout neighbour who has never worked a day in her life but wants for nothing, she seems to have a way of winding men round her little finger.

I know I scare her but she picked on another neighbour (a young woman) making complaints about her dog and making recordings of it barking until the poor girl was terrified to leave the dog at home in case it sparked another complaint to the council.

Now for years Ive put up with the noise they make going out one by one and each one slamming the doors, stamping up and down stairs at midnight, shouting from downstairs right up to the loft instead of going up the stairs etc.... Her eldest boy has now left home but he comes round and wont use the door bell instead he slaps/drums on the front door with his hands as if hes trying to break the door in. I spoke to her about it upsetting Murphy but the next time he arrived he just did it even louder.

My old boys took no notice of her but Murphy is a lot more sensitive. You might remember I said I had a camera because we thought he might be barking while we were out and we have seen him jump up onto the table and howl from time to time. Well today there was a Christmas fair in the town and my daughter decided to take OH out for a look around while I stayed home and made the mince pies.

DD has just bought a new coat very much like mine. She and her dad wandered off and within a couple of minutes the banging of doors started. Upstairs downstairs back door kitchen door and not just once this went on and on about 50 times.
I went outside to the back and asked very loudly 'WTF is going on out here'?
At that point it went silent.

I think Murphy is being targeted ..

I could complain to the council about her but I dont think it will do any good.....
So I think its time to get my old evil self out of the closet and have a quiet, but serious word in her ear about what happens to people who upset my dog.....

Sometimes it's a good thing when our old evil selves are not too far below the surface, every now and again they need to crawl out of the basement and help out our new angelic selves in the real world :)
Good luck.
"WTF ?!?!? You #$%^& *#%{]{@$" may well be the way to go in this scenario.

Yep, I agree, go for it, a wee reality check is in need for sure! If she's never worked she just has way too much time on her hands if she's doing stuff like this. Maybe this is why your other neighbours dog has been barking...? I know I've said this many times but there really is something very wrong with some people:(

Thanks everyone. Yesterday was just a shock to me I know she is loud, I know she never hears her own noise but always hears other peoples. I know she is a nasty sneaking type but deliberatly banging doors like that just went beyond the norm.

OH was much calmer than I expected but then last night the door banging started up again around 10.30 pm. We were getting ready for bed so I wasnt about to go and knock then or else I would have been awake all night but Im going to have to have words.. Funny thing is despite his memory loss OH has great ideas.. He said next time we hear banging maybe we should call the police and say we think theres a fight going on next door.. Maybe a couple of guys in uniforms would shut her up!

That's not a bad idea,because it will be on record then if the council get involved.

I was in the process of selling my house and had the same neighbours for many years and had always got on with them. A few weeks before the sale was completed one of my neighbours moved and the family from hell moved in. A couple of days after moving in the boyfriend acquired a German shepherd well the very first day they had him they left The house at 8am and stayed out until 11pm. The poor dog was barking and howling all day, when I went round the next day to tell them i got a mouth full of abuse and through the open front door i could see that the living room door had been destroyed by the dog poor thing. This went on for a week or so and I never once was the dog taken for a walk. I wanted to report it to the authorities but was scared it would affect the sale of my house. The next day I was due to start 7 night shifts at the hospital where i work and was dreading getting no sleep all week.I looked on YouTube to see what I could do to stop a barking dog and was amazed to find a 8 hour recording of loud large dog barking voila! I set up my computer and speakers in the bedroom and at 10pm that might when I left for work I turned it on full volume. Well the same day I saw an RSPCA can turn up and the dog was taken away. I hope he has a happier life now.

I visit a border collie daily. The next door neighbours have two dogs which they send out into the garden when I let Dudley and the collie into the garden.
We then have several minutes of the next door dogs and the collie throwing themselves against the fence and barking.
The dogs can't see one another and I wonder if this is part of the problem.
My friend, the collies owner says the dogs belong to the next door neighbours sons who no longer live with her. She says she can't walk them as they are too strong for her.
This has been going on for the last three years.
Just want to say Dudley isnt innocent in this as he stands behind the collie and joins in the barking.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back