The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Just starting out

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by YasLovesWalking, Jun 30, 2020 at 7:52 PM.

1. YasLovesWalking

YasLovesWalking New Member Registered

Hey everyone, just starting out or going to be as a dog walker, lost my job in the crisis and just looking for some advice please - anything to think about ?

Ps I’ve been over the basics on howtobecomeadogwalker.co.uk and have a good understanding of what’s req but I really just want some real and proper advice from the people that already have established businesses. Struggles, things you didn’t think of, things you missed

thanks in advance by the way, I really want to make this work

2. Store
  3. JudyN

JudyN Moderator Moderator Registered

Hi Yas :) I'm sorry you haven't had any replies, but I'm not sure any of the regulars are dog walkers. A friend of mine who was out of work recently set up a dog walking business and had a lot of help from the benefits office - as you are now unemployed it might be worth approaching them, at least for some of the business aspects?

4. Flobo

Flobo Well-Known Member Registered Partner

Hi @YasLovesWalking, sorry I didn't see this thread... I do one to one dog walking if you want to pick my brains? Just heading back out but will post later, might be able to help;)