The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

K9 Bridle

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I got one for Pye as he pulls for England! He did get out of it though and I was left holding a lead and harness. Solved that by making a double ended clip strap to attach to his collar and the harness. The others don't pull.

My greyhound had a dogmatic and hated it so I made a figure of eight head collar copied from a friends one. Fine on that and it taught her to walk nicely and not pull so we don't use it at all!!!!

I would be interested to see how the K9 Bridle works Annie.

Looks interesting.

I use a halti for Pimms when I take mine to 'days out' ie horse trials and the like. Cas wears his every so often to 'remind' him not to pull on the lead, but he is far better. He is also quite protective of Pimms when they are on the lead but wearing the halti he stays far calmer as he knows I have better control. :thumbsup:

You would not believe the derogatory comments made by strangers seeing the dogs wearing them...they way I see it I would far rather they wore them and both the dogs and myself enjoyed our day out than I spent the whole time having my arms pulled out and the dogs ended up with a sore neck! I have been amazed at how rude/opionated complete strangers have been! :wacko:

i find this intriguing as i see these contraptions as well as harness's on whippets on a regular basis and often wonder wether its the dog or the owner with the problem when i have sold puppies you often get new owners wanting to buy collar and head contraptions before they even have a problem! i have had sight hounds all my life and at present have 5 whippets and i have never had a "pulling problem" my dogs dont go on a lead ie walking on a lead until around 4/5 months of age and wonder if the having unbridled freedom to explore and live out their puppy curiousty curbs the problem of pulling as they mature.

Hi Annie

could you let me know how you've got on this this type of collar, I've got 2 italian greyhounds who have become lead aggressive towards other dogs since they where both attacked. I think having more head control will help the situation but everything on the market is huge on them.

Thanks

Jo Chapman

I now have Bella in a muzzle off the lead after she went for another dog. I agree, you would not believe the derogatory comments made by some strangers seeing the dogs wearing a muzzle or control device. Most owners use these as a last resort, with some of the more powerful breeds, they are certainly a good idea especially if used as a training aid.

Sorry guys, it came but we never used it and it was returned for a refund ... they had sent brown as they had had a quality control issue with the black and I wanted black ... I'm fussy I know 8) All I can tell you is that it looked pretty useless ... the webbing is very thin. Personally not one I'd recommend.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back