The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

K9-Non-Pedigree Forum

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Yes, a letter/comments from S. Copley is the focus/topic point.

I agree with what Richie has to say-People only seem to hear the worst of K9-The Hot Topics (w00t) - which is the same in most areas of life I suppose.

Storms are more likely to be reported on than fine weather. :)

Karen Boyd

Yip Ritchie's got it right :)

People who come on regular will see for themselves it's not as bad as people make it out to be & for them who don't come on but choose to make comments, well thats entirely up to them.

K9 doesn't have over 1100 members because everyone hates it!

umm it gets me when people say that this or that shouldn't be on K9 or this or that person shouldn't right things on K9! WHAT HAPPENED TO FREEDOM OF SPEACH, it's not K9 that will kill whippet racing it's the narow minded. :rant:

(sorry couldn't help but put my nose in as the peice in W/N annoyed me o:) )

The k in K9 stands for kwl :p i agree with mark, freedom of speach and all that 8)

Well put Tony Warren life is to short, its time to let sleeping dogs lie.

Christine dos a good job of the Whippet news and lots of other things in our sport,

more than her fair share. Its not Christines fault, shes gets it in the neck for not allowing something to go to print one week, and takes the blame for a post the next week.

Christine didnt right it.

As it seems quite obvious to me who part of the letter referred to, so I have replied, and Chris has confirmed it will be in the next W.News. It should make good reading!

Seeing as a NEW committee was being formed for a NEW NWRF what does it matter who was there..........why not let's get back to whippet racing and enjoy the sport/hobby :p

BOB OZ said:
As it seems quite obvious to me who part of the letter referred to, so I have replied, and Chris has confirmed it will be in the next W.News. It should make good reading!
Yes bob it did seem quite obvious it was either yourself or john meeds the lady in question was referring to , you were asked to come along to chair the meeting if need be , as you were not a member some people thought it would be wrong,

as far as john meads been at the meeting he came along as a reporter for news sheet.

Dee

Last edited by a moderator:
I was indeed attending the meeting at Asfordby for the intention of reporting the meeting in the news sheet for those that could not attend.

On the 13th of January the incumbent committee of the N.W.R.F. resigned, 3 days later, part of that committee who had resigned saw fit to close the N.W.R.F. down, therefore after that date the N.W.R.F. did not exist.

The meeting called for at Asfordby on the 18th of January was in fact a non-members meeting or an ex-members meeting because the N.W.R.F. did not exist any more. Under the use of the democratic system and due process the NEW N.W.R.F. was formed.

All who attended the meeting, including myself, Bob Osmond, and the lady in question were all ex-members of the N.W.R.F. If they had joined 10 years, 10 days or 10 hours before the N.W.R.F. had shut down, they were all ex members.

Nice to see some positive letters in this months racers writes, on Sheila Copley's letter of last month..this is allowing everyone to know whats going on ..

I would just like to say, if it hadn't been for K9, I would never of known that I could take my dog racing. We have spent four years thinking that we couldn't take our whippet out for a run because she hasn't got a K.C. number. If it wasn't for this site then we wouldn't have found out about local tracks in our area. I have received lots of support, help and advice from people like Mick and Vicky who I am grateful to and I love coming on here to make freinds, view beautiful dogs and generally have a laugh.

I'm sorry Whippet News but I only found out about your paper through this site!! (w00t) and I'm wondering if it's worth the subscription after hearing these critcisms!

Yeah sure everyone has opinion and I come on here knowing that I can see an impartial view.

I :wub: K9!!!!!!

;) hi wild whippies just like to say whippet news is well worth a read. The page in question is racers write it is approx 1 or 2 pages long and is what people have wrote in. The rest of the mag is about the opens, handicaps, what dogs are doing well, who has had pups, reports from different regions etc etc I think you wil find it is well worth a read. :cheers:

Thanks for the tip I've got the phone number so I'll ring to get my subscription. I just think they shouldn't be quick to criticise K9 when I imagine some of there subscriptions come through word of mouth on this site! But Hey that's just my opinion!! lol!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back