The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

k9

Strike Whippets

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
After a while k9 starts kicking me off and telling me that the host is failing to connect me and to either try the re-load or try again later .......I don't have any problems with any other sites :- "

i'm having trouble to, somtimes I cant get on and get the message unable to find server and it's running that slow it's like being back on dial up?

all other sites I use are fine?

K9 has been slow for a few day's on mine. I gave up yesterday and last night :eek: . Watched the tv. It's still very slow today, hope the tv is good tonight :b

I haven't had any problems but I guess I haven't been on much recently. I'll email the host & see what they've got to say.

:( a few times ive been trying to get on its said there may be a server down and to try again later. :rant:

Keeps not loading avatars,smilies,pictures etc but we have blueyonder broadband and its crap.

Tony

I've just had an email back from the host and have said they've had no problems with the server. However, they have said that there has been a worldwide traffic problem over the last few weeks (mainly due to MyDoom & NetSky virus outbreaks) - nearly 25% of all internet traffic comes from emails generated through these viruses. The K9 server is located in the US and hence all the traffic has a long way to go...

I'm still getting kicked off k9 and my smilies don't always work ........see they arn't working now so.......SAD FACE .....you'll have to imagine it

I have experienced some 'cannot find server DNS errors' :( recently and have emailed the host again to get them to investigate this problem.

Bloody hell, how hard has it been to get on k9 today :(

It's been very intermittent. I've given up so many times over the past few when trying to post a reply. Even late last night it was impossible to do anything on the board. But it was okay by 1am ;)

It's okay now and there isn't many people on here. Is it due to the increase in numbers of users?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't be the number of users. At the bottom of each page you'll see a script execution time - that's the time between the server recieving your request and it having the page ready for display - you'll notice that it's always very quick and doesn't change much even when there are quite a few users. The hardware that K9 is running on is very well spec'd and I've seen the same software running hundreds of users on other sites. I'm sure the problem is DNS related. Hopefully the on-off of today has been the host trying to investigate the problem after my recent emails.

Apparently their has been a problem with a faulty configuration file that's now been replaced.

The hosting company has asked that we document any problems - exact time that the problem occured, what the problem was, browser error messages etc. Can you let me have details of any problems you experience.

Thanks.

i'm still having trouble with K9, all the other sites I use open no problem but K9 takes ages to open and like just now instead of pictures/avators I just get crosses and it takes ages to post anything (for it to load the post) :(

Im having same problem too , Everytime I post a reply it throws me out and off AOL too !! :eek:

I had heck of a job getting on to begin with . I closed down computer completely to see if that helped . It did ,till it threw me off !!

All other site , eg ebay seem to be fine :(

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back