Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i have some in the kennel and some in the house

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sherry

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
very curious 2 know where people keep their dogs? wot r the pros and cons of kenneling? im asking coz when we line crackin whizz we r thinking of keeping 2 but kenneling them. the house is a madhouse as it is with nikki whizz. so any advice/answers much appreciated. :cheers: @ the mo all my gang r in the house kept in cages when we r not in.

people can answer this as well as just voting in the poll please :cheers:

Ours are all kept in the house like yours Carol but I ve nothing against kennelling. When I was a child all my dads dogs were kennelled and it never did them any harm, my dad always said it was healthier :)

good topic Carole :thumbsup: we have the 3 youngsters kenneled 5 older dogs in the house :) this is mainly because the youngsters who like to play and run around mad have less chance of hurting themselves, the kennels are heated and well lite they seem to thrive in them :thumbsup: the older ones are really well behaved 2 sleep on our bed (w00t) the others in the kitchen but have the run of the house :thumbsup: but the youngsters come in for a few hours a day just so they get house trained :thumbsup: payed a fortune for these kennels wich is a block of 6 : 3 empty lol

peter was on about your kennels gaz and said he thought he had seen a picture on here somewhere. cud u dig a pic out please and where did u get them from? i am thinking it wud b fairer on the dogs as the house ones that i have do seem 2 b in their cages quite a lot. im thinking if they r in a kennel with a run then they have soime freedom and so do the owners instead of racing back from say the town 2 c to the dogs. anyone else?

DSCF1208.jpg

DSCF1212.jpg

If you and peter want to ever pop over Carole to have a look at them you are more than welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
they look fab, will u b @ easington on sat? if so then im sure peter will want a natter about them ie where did u get them, how much they were etc. :cheers:

Yeah see you sat carole

a friend made them for me as you can see its not cheap wood ..

I liked Yvonne's kennels with their own little garden area, also Jackie & Colin have a lovely kennel at the bottom of their garden - V Posh! :- " :lol:

when we first got our pups we caged them in the house but we have creaky floorboards upstairs so anytime we started moving around the pups would start whinning. We started putting them out in the kennel and they sleep all night without a sound. Now they spend more time outside then in the love it out there. Plus they love there new pink pj that i made for them.

Emma

Vicky said:
I liked Yvonne's kennels with their own little garden area, also Jackie & Colin have a lovely kennel at the bottom of their garden - V Posh!  :- "  :lol:
I thought Yvonne's Shed's and garden was the best I've seen :thumbsup:

But knowing Yvonne, I bet the dogs spend more time in the house than down the garden :lol:

(w00t) All mine are kept in the house, not in cadges, :eek: but i would love a couple of kennels in the back garden just for when the bitches are in season so i don't have to keep the boys away. Trent cost me a new door frame last year, :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: Di

gabbitas31 said:
(w00t) All mine are kept in the house, not in cadges, :eek:   but i would love a couple of kennels in the back garden just for when the bitches are in season so i don't have to keep the boys away. Trent cost me a new door frame last year, :lol:   :lol:   :thumbsup: Di
I've thought about kennelling but I worry about the dogs making a lot of noise and you hear such a lot about dogs being stolen these days, so I haven't done anything about it yet

marielou said:
gabbitas31 said:
(w00t) All mine are kept in the house, not in cadges, :eek:   but i would love a couple of kennels in the back garden just for when the bitches are in season so i don't have to keep the boys away. Trent cost me a new door frame last year, :lol:   :lol:   :thumbsup: Di
I've thought about kennelling but I worry about the dogs making a lot of noise and you hear such a lot about dogs being stolen these days, so I haven't done anything about it yet

I ger wot u r saying about noise but im hopin if 2 pups r out there more or less straight away they wont know any different. my garden is a fair size and the side of its on a main road bus route etc and theres trees on the outside so i think it wud b quite hard for someone 2 get over without being seen but i get where u r coming from.

sherry said:
marielou said:
gabbitas31 said:

I ger wot u r saying about noise but im hopin if 2 pups r out there more or less straight away they wont know any different. my garden is a fair size and the side of its on a main road bus route etc and theres trees on the outside so i think it wud b quite hard for someone 2 get over without being seen but i get where u r coming from.

Ah well maybe things will work out OK for you, hope it does anyway. Its a bit different here, its very quiet and when we had a koi pool the little ******s would go fishing over the garden fence in the middle of the night and steal our koi and it broke my heart so Im quite nervous about the dogs. Anyway I hope everything works out OK for you with the pups :thumbsup:

Ours are in kennels sometimes, but in the house more often than not on a night time. it's sometimes nice to have a house without dogs for a while :) Think it makes them more able to withstand the chilly northern winters stood round a bend track !! :lol:

chris

rob67 said:
Ours are in kennels sometimes, but in the house more often than not on a night time. it's sometimes nice to have a house without dogs for a while :) Think it makes them more able to withstand the chilly northern winters stood round a bend track !! :lol:
chris

does that mean if marie makes me sleep outside that i wont feel the cold

at highgate :- " :- " :p

yours in sport

graham

Mine are all in doors, But i would love to have some kennels in the garden but where i live is a very naughty area :( it's not far off from being a no go zone :( my hounds wouldn't last 5 minutes outside they would be nicked before you could blink. We are really trying hard to move then my dogs will have their outside pads :thumbsup: Clare.

milly said:
Vicky said:
I liked Yvonne's kennels with their own little garden area, also Jackie & Colin have a lovely kennel at the bottom of their garden - V Posh!  :- "  :lol:

But knowing Yvonne, I bet the dogs spend more time in the house than down the garden :lol:

thanks Geoff and your right they still spend more time in the house, but sleep in kennel and are outside when i'm out must say best thing i ever did was have them made and well worth the money my brother in-law did them with the help of my son,

Last edited by a moderator:
hellbound said:
milly said:
Vicky said:

thanks Geoff and your right they still spend more time in the house, but sleep in kennel and are outside when i'm out must say best thing i ever did was have them made and well worth the money my brother in-law did them with the help of my son,

omg they look fantastic! i would love my dogs to have a set up like that :thumbsup: Clare

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back