The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Kick Boards

Susan

Robbie
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have just been told kick boards are back.

To ban them 122

To keep them 186

WELL I HOPE THIS PROVES TO THE PEOPLE IN THE WHIPPET WORLD JUST HOW IMPORTANT POSTAL VOTING IS...AT LEAST NOW EVERYONE HAS HAD THERE SAY ON THIS MATTER.

AS I SAID BEFORE AND WILL SAY AGAIN, ANYBODY FEELING THE NEED NOT TO USE A KICKBOARD DUE TO INJURING THERE DOGS, THEN PROCEED TO DO SO.. THATS YOUR RIGHTS

I HOPE THAT FROM THIS EXPERIENCE THAT THE BWRA DO NOT ALLOW A FEW MEMBERS AT AN AGM TO MAKE DECISION FOR THE REST OF THE COUNTRY AGAIN...BY ALL MEANS HAVE AN AGM FOR PROPOSALS THEN SEND MEMBERS THE APPROPRIATE POSTAL FORMS FOR THERE VOTES

Well i have to agree with you there Dee............ :p

DENISE I HAVE TO BACK YOU UP THOUSAND PER CENT AS I WENT TO THE EMERGENCY MEETING. THEY NEED TO BRING BACK THE POSTAL VOTES FOR THE END OF THE SEASON . AS IF WE HAD THEM IN THE BEGGINING THEN THIS WOULDNT HAVE HAPPENED. HURRAY AM OVER THE MOON AS I HAD DECIDED NOT TO RUN MY PUPS IN THE BWRA IF THEY HAD CONTINUED TO BE BANNED.

JUST ONE QUESTION THOUGH DOES THAT MEAN THAT ALL THE PEOPLE AT THE MEETING WHO WERE AGAINST THEM. OUT OF PRICIPLE I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP A CLOSE EYE TO SEE IF THERE ARE TWO FACED AND USE ONE IN FUTURE AVENTS ?

well now i don't think for one moment that people will NOT use kickboards even if they wanted to ban them, so lets just get on with racing ey :D :b ;) :p

YES ITS GOOD NEW ...BUT I MUST ADD....THAT ANY FUTURE POSTAL FORMS TO BE SENT IN SHOULD BE POSTED BACK..

AS THE LACK OF FORMS BEING RETURNED HAD FALLEN, WHICH WAS WHY THE BWRA DECIDED TO HAVE AN AGM.

I PERSONALLY ASK MURIAL TO APPLY A NOTE ON THE BOTTOM OF POSTAL VOTING FORMS SAYING

"IF YOU DO NOT RETURN THIS FORM YOU WILL NO LONGER, IN THE FUTURE RECEIVE YOUR RIGHT TO A POSTAL VOTING FORM AGAIN"

WHETHER MURIAL DOES THIS I DON'T KNOW, CAN ONLY SUGGEST MY THOUGHT

Yes we should all make sure we send our postal votes back, i have been informed that no less than 100 did not return their postal votes back on the kickboard issue, what a waste of votes :angry:

The people who didn't send back the votes this time were probably people who weren't bothered either way whether boards be banned or not, as there wasn't a "not bothered" tick box!

Thank god it's sorted once & for all anyway, hopefully no more bickering :D

I did'nt send mine back as i wasnt bothered either way...........and there was no "not arsed" box to tick!!!!!!!!

but im glad its gonna be over and done with now :p

kickboards is just another name for ramps......they fit in the traps and push youre dog further to the front of the trap and theoretically youre dog comes out faster!!!!!

good to see kickboards back :D but i dont think anyone should say letts see who uses them who wanted the ban, just about everyone will use one otherwise they would be at a disadvantage ,so letts all enjoy our sport and put it to rest. ;) it goes to show postal voting is the only fair way ;)

JUST ONE QUESTION THOUGH DOES THAT MEAN THAT ALL THE PEOPLE AT THE MEETING WHO WERE AGAINST THEM. OUT OF PRICIPLE I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP A CLOSE EYE TO SEE IF THERE ARE TWO FACED AND USE ONE IN FUTURE AVENTS ?

I was interested by the above comment as it's a little, may I see insulting and provocative. As I'm new to to this sport I have been shocked by the amount of bickering, spitefulness and general nastiness...I left that in the the FA Premier league, or so I thought.

I have discovered that many racers feel kickboards cause injuries, rightly or wrongly these people feel concerned, they also know that without using one against a racer who is, their dogs chances are limited...I think they're stuck in Catch 22 wouldn't you say.....??

'it's my ball' springs to my mind....

Good Luck to all any how...

Paul

yes a great point there paul ..

but i have to add that if the ban had been an all out ban, which i state would have had to of been the clubs banning kickboards and not the BWRA or FED then people might of felt alot diffrent about the banning of them ...but seen as it was only a handful of event over the year was it worth it...also some of us race older dogs that have raced off a kickboard since they were puppys ...and as i stated i would not race bluegoblin at 6 years old without one

but i have to agree that i thought the comment you said was insulting and provocative could have been worded better than it was

DaniM8 said:
How did you get those pics next 2 ur K9 User Name
look at the top of this window and click on MY CONTROLS then on the left hand side you will see where it says edit avatar settings click on there and theres quite a few to chose from good luck

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back