The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Kick Boards !!

chartpolski

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I was at the local Whippet track this morning, and the chat was about 55lb Whippets !! I laughed like hell, and said there was no sutch thing !! I've seen smaller Greyhounds !! The craic then went on to these ramps some Whippet racers now put in the back of the trap to give their dogs a bit of advantage ! If you went to a Greyhound track and tried to interfere with the traps to give your dog an advantage; you'd be thrown out !!!! Surely track owner's should say "every dog should run out the same type of trap", to avoid cheating ??? When the Great dogs were running in the 60's and 70's, they didn't need this unfair advantage !!

Cheers.

I was at the local Whippet track this morning, and the chat was about 55lb Whippets !! I laughed like hell, and said there was no sutch thing !! I've seen smaller Greyhounds !! The craic then went on to these ramps some Whippet racers now put in the back of the trap to give their dogs a bit of advantage ! If you went to a Greyhound track and tried to interfere with the traps to give your dog an advantage; you'd be thrown out !!!! Surely track owner's should say "every dog should run out the same type of trap", to avoid cheating ??? When the Great dogs were running in the 60's and 70's, they didn't need this unfair advantage !!
Cheers.
If you look back at past topics you will see a lot of arguements for and against the use of kickboards. From what ive read of past topics i think the original reason they were used was because the little 16lb dogs would get lost in the huge greyhound traps.

standardize the bloody things would save alot of time and room in the cars and vans. (w00t)

Cheers.
If you look back at past topics you will see a lot of arguements for and against the use of kickboards. From what ive read of past topics i think the original reason they were used was because the little 16lb dogs would get lost in the huge greyhound traps.
if they were proper whippet traps they would not get lost traps getting bigger everywhere i go

Cheers.
if they were proper whippet traps they would not get lost traps getting bigger everywhere i go
will agree with you there ray,and that's just the straights,,i am going to put a request in to see if i can get my own trap made and take it to all the opens it will have my own kick plate built in,that will set some moaning off (w00t) before you jump on me its a joke..its already been tried,it wasn't allowed ;)

same shite all the time allways the same. why not just get on and enjoy what weve got instead of lets change this lets change that its pathetic :wacko: those that feel so strong about boards if not wanting them then dont use them i know if i felt so strong about not using one i wouldnt but its hypocracy to keep saying do away with them then turn up with one like i said lets just enjoy it if its not scratch dogs its kickboards what next ohh i know traps ffs

same shite all the time allways the same. why not just get on and enjoy what weve got instead of lets change this lets change that its pathetic :wacko: those that feel so strong about boards if not wanting them then dont use them i know if i felt so strong about not using one i wouldnt but its hypocracy to keep saying do away with them then turn up with one like i said lets just enjoy it if its not scratch dogs its kickboards what next ohh i know traps ffs
(w00t) gaz you realy do take it to heart my freind im not saying get rid of them im saying standardize them so alls on a level playing feild as they say.

JUST THINK NO MORE LOADING AND UNLOADING THE BOARDS IN YA CARS AND VAN NO MORE WORRIES ABOUT THE TRAP SIZES AT DIFFERENT TRACKS JUST TURN UP RACE YA DOGS. :p

you only turn up at bends how the ffeck do u standardise a board when we run from 16 to 32 if u dont like em dont use em also every dog should run from whippet traps (w00t) its just boaring same as all the other crap about scratch dogs etc what next i wonder im saying no more on this its crap

Last edited by a moderator:
you only turn up at bends how the ffeck do u standardise a board when we run from 16 to 32 if u dont like em dont use em also every dog should run from whippet traps (w00t) its just boaring same as all the other crap about scratch dogs etc what next i wonder im saying no more on this its crap
times change gary

Cheers.

i understand were u coming from chartploski,,,,,,,when u raced ,,,,kickbords werent used

same can be said when good as gold ran,,,,,no kickboards,,,,,but well build dog,,,,, :thumbsup: would be fastest away :thumbsup:

but kickbords are used now and shouldnt be tooken away,,,,20lber cant kick off back door same as 32lber +,,,,,,,,,, :thumbsup: ,,,,

as for scratch racers ,,,,they can but as gary commented on,,, should be left alone,,,yet yardlbers see it as there duty to vote against,,,and kick boards,,,,,,,, :thumbsup:

chartploski ,,,kick boards i dont have proplem with ,,,,as its part off the norm ,,,now,,,,,,,i can see were u coming from,,,,as greyhounds dont ,,,but will kick off back door,,,,,but non peds come in vairous sizes ,,,,,need there kickboards in trap :thumbsup:

why not do away with the traps altogether and slip them like the olden days???? PMSL (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

why not do away with the traps altogether and slip them like the olden days???? PMSL (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

now that is the best idea yet carol :thumbsup: :lol: if i propose it will you second it :D :D

get rid of em.. same for all dogs then........

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

You'd need some arms on you to launch those 55 lb'ers down the track, like they did in the old days !!!!!

ragrace.jpg

Cheers.

How about folk start using the search facility on k9 and reading previous replies on a subject, rather than the same thing being debated time & time again. Talk about stuck record!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back