The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lady Has Gone-rip My Darling Girl

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello everyone,I am still heartbroken,and miss Lady every day.I am finding it very hard to get used to being without her.I know it sounds strange,but my heart aches,if you know what i mean.I am getting upset writing this.I know i still have my other 3 ,Spike ,Finn and the naughty Cracker,but she was my girl.I was going through a tough time when i had Lady,and she brought me out of a spell of depression,and i think that was why she meant so much to me.You could always put your arms around her,and feel better.I am sure,in time,it will get easier.We are off camping again to Harewood this weekend,and the trip won,t be the same without her stretched out next to us in the tent.She took to camping like a pro,considering she was scared of her own shadow when we took her on.Thanks again for all the support,it has really helped.

Amandaxxxx
It's the worst the thing about owning animals (well the only bad bit really) having to do the best thing by them. So sorry for your pain Amanda, you had such a journey with Lady, not surprised you are feeling so low now it has all come to an end. You will always miss her, but one day it won't hurt quite so much as you know. Try and have a good weekend x

SO VERY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS OUR THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU ALL REST IN PEACE LADY.

Hello everyone,I am still heartbroken,and miss Lady every day.I am finding it very hard to get used to being without her.I know it sounds strange,but my heart aches,if you know what i mean.I am getting upset writing this.I know i still have my other 3 ,Spike ,Finn and the naughty Cracker,but she was my girl.I was going through a tough time when i had Lady,and she brought me out of a spell of depression,and i think that was why she meant so much to me.You could always put your arms around her,and feel better.I am sure,in time,it will get easier.We are off camping again to Harewood this weekend,and the trip won,t be the same without her stretched out next to us in the tent.She took to camping like a pro,considering she was scared of her own shadow when we took her on.Thanks again for all the support,it has really helped.

Amandaxxxx

I am so sorry for your news as I can relate too to what you are saying right now. Rest assured you are not alone in your feelings. I feel this as I had no one really to talk to about losing my 6 year old lurcher two months ago. Like you she was my soul mate. Understood my moods, and was so very loyal right up to the last minute. I had no choice but to have her put to sleep as she has lymphoma and again like you, it was an up and down disease. Roller coaster of emotions all the time and quite exhausting. But if you love your pets you do the very best for them., and no one can blame you for what you have done. I am finding it hard to come to terms with and in fact although I have many other hounds, she was the baby of the family. She was a rescue from travellers and didnt have the best start in life, but she was the most loyal and affectionate dog and I miss her so much. Each place we go to, she was there this time last year. As I say I didnt want to impede my story but just want to say that I fully appreciate what you must be feeling. I only hope that in time the pain will subside and then the happy memories will take over but for now as someone said, we need to allow ourselves time to grieve. Only animal people will understand the awful gut wrenching feeling that you get and the emptiness that losing a much loved pet brings. I still cry. I feel she was robbed of her life and us of hers, but there is nothing more I could have done.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back