The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lancaster Whippet Racing Club.

kipper fluke

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
the Lancaster whippet racing club will be starting racing on Wednesday evenings commencing on Wednesday the2nd of April 2003 all will be made welcome pedigree and non pedigree hope to see you there any one just wanting a look is also welcome if you are thinking of comming into the sport we will help you find a dog and also help you get started .The venue is no longer on the quay meadow it is now on the far moor playing fields near the old moor hospital commencing about six thirty ---or seven depending on how light it is . Come and join us you will have a great time i am sure bring the kids its a great sport for them help to keep them fit as well as the dogs . :D :D :D ???

Great to hear you are up and running. Do you have any plans for a open.

NICE TO HEAR THAT YOU HAVE GOT THE LANCASTER CLUB UP AND RUNNING STEVE, IF YOU HAVE HALF THE SUCCESS WITH THE CLUB AS YOU HAVE HAD WITH YOUR OWN AND HARRY'S DOGS THEN THIS CLUB WILL BE GREAT. I WISH YOU WELL IN YOUR NEW VENTURE, John Meades

Thank you for your good wishes the two john's it is a little early to be thinking about opens at this time but we will play it be ear see how many new members we manage to drum up and take it from there we have had two new members round at our house today and one on the phone so things are looking promising ??? who knows i might even be able to tempt steve and julie back into the sport they loved so much or maybe danny kirby we will see how things work out ???

It's always good to see new clubs opening up instead of the usual closing down, which seems to happen all too often in our region. Lets hope your new members soon get the bug & end up with a house full (like we all do). It does seem like a lot of racers from the past are coming back into the sport, i'm sure with your persuasion you could get a few back racing.

Will look forward to reading your results etc, Good Luck

Hey steve you've still not told me which cheeky sod thought i were related to Keith?
laughing-smiley-017.gif

good luck with the club steve if you do have any opens ill be there for the crack and good company, oh by the is harry off the piste yet lol.

all the best tony.

Thanks Tony and yes Harry is off the piste and back at school but has started to train badger (TIME) ready for the end of the month she has been showing some real promise so she is no longer my dog but harry,s.I belive there is a chap from in the Barrow area trying to find out about the Lancaster WRC called Dave Denison if you happen to know him any one who reads this please tell him to get in touch with me Thanks once again for the well wishes and if we do manage to organize an open this year it will be a pleasure to see you and have some real good crack mate all the kids round here are playing on the kickboards now and using them as ramps for there skate boards got orders for bigger and steeper ones now

could not resist that 1. steve

on the issue of kickboards ive had an idea keep them because if hand brake ever plays up or caravan on hill just stick kickboard behind wheel. lol

Lancaster whippet racing club held its first meeting last week on Wednesday evening and we had a few pups and a few older dogs turn up, All got as many runs as they wanted and all left very happy with the outcome, any one else wanting to have a look please do so you will be made welcome we start around six thirty to seven on the Far Moor Football Fields even if you dont have a dog and would like to see what goes on we will make you welcome hopefully i can time a few this week and maybe have a race or two come along and give us a hand we would like to see anyone interested in the sport

LANCASTER WHIPPET RACING CLUB IS STILL RACING ON A REGULAR WEEKLY BASIS START TIME 6pm Wednesdays all welcome, the more the merrier!!!

just to avoid any confusion

well things were a little better tonight we had eight dogs running and everyone went home happy after having as many runs as they required.

there have been a few more telephone enquiries so hopefully things can only get better and healthier.if you live in the Cumbria area please feel free to come and run with us we need all the help we can get.

two more new commers at Lancaster Whipet racing club wednesday night one gentleman who raced at preston before they had the bend racing his dog was called Leyland tiger they are looking for a pup so please get in touch with me if you have any to sell and i will pass the information on to them. thanks steve.

this week we had a few new faces at our club and here are a few of our younger members on the track and bill who thinks hes a young un with there dogs thanks to mike for the photo s not bad as they were taken by phone

Well we are underway once again at the Lancaster Whippet Racing Club and had a few runs this evening just training till lighter nights arrive. The young dog Kestrel-Flyer has vastly improved over the winter months and will be a force to be reckoned with this season and i can see lots of promise for him, if Bill Grass has seen his young dog make the same improvements it will be a great season for the north west region i am sure, best of luck to all,and anyone thinking of coming to Lancaster please ring me first and i will give you all the details and directions how to find us.Tel.01524-32766 steve

Good luck for the racing season ahead and if you ever put on a open I will do my best to be there.

The new track and area looks like a nice place Steve, :p is the track along way away from where the old track was....... :) must admit in the past we have enjoyed some really good days racing at Lancaster :cheers: hope there will be some opens on there soon.... o:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back