The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

LETTERS TO WHIPPET NEWS

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
WELL IT WAS WORTH A TRY LOL :oops:

I SEE QUESTIONS STILL ARE NOT ANSWERED

Last edited by a moderator:
When Tony and Yvonne resigned they forfieted their right to possession of ANY of theFeds equipment,money,books, or any other Fed equipment.The next step logically as in any other organisation was to elect new officials to the vacated posts.This having been done,leaves Tony and Yvonne no right whatsoever to retain any of the Feds monies traps coats or anything else.If a chairman of a football club resigns he can`t walk off with the ball and the players and then say the new chairman can`t call the club by a old name just cos its not the same now that he is not chairman. GET REAL :angry: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T Weatherson, Your letter for the whippet news made interesting reading but I would like to ask you for a clarification.

On the 16-01-04 you published this notice on the K9 site.

NOTICE TO ALL N.W.R.F. MEMBERS.I feel that the N.W.R.F. has been well run over the last few years, with a committee that has been dedicated, hard working and totally committed to the N.W.R.F.

Some of the comments and criticisms we have had to put up with whilst running events, so that you can turn up and run your dogs has lead to the downfall of this organisation.

I personally have worked on the N.W.R.F. since 1989 and have been the treasurer since 1992,the longest serving committee member. With that in mind I have made one of the hardest decisions ever.

TO APPLY RULE 10 OF THE N.W.R.F.GENERAL RULES.

(IN THE EVENT OF THE FEDERATION CEASING TO OPERATE ALL MONEY HELD BY THE FEDERATION SHALL BE RE-DISTRIBUTED AMONGST CURRENT MEMBERS).

N.W.R.F.CEASED TO OPERATE 16/1/04.

A letter has been sent into Whippet News with details of membership pay out.

TONY WEATHERSON (SECRETARY/TREASURER).
In your letter for the whippet news (April issue) you also said

As for the the rest of the money left in the nwrf account, that is where it will remain for the time being,
I find that both statements contradict each other, you have said that you have sent a letter with the membership payout details and yet insist you are keeping the money in the bank account, therefore one of these statements must be false. As your rule says ALL MONEY HELD. You must have kept money back to pay the charity so I presume that you have not sent of a letter to whippet news containing the membership pay out details when you said you had.

Has any letter been sent and if not why make a statement to the fact that it has. You have said it has been sent, (read your K9 statement). If it has, surely you would have paid all money’s out by now. Some 11 weeks or more ago since you made that statement

Lets Put The Facts Right, Well lets indeed.

1/ The N.W.R.F was formed as a committee run organisation, which has always been maintained by myself and all former committees. As such the members had no right to call a meeting, hence the fact that no committee member acknowledged or attended said meeting.......

TRUE FACTS.

The members of the old N.W.R.F. did not need your permission to call a meeting for them to discuss whatever they wanted to discuss, it is a free country. The outcome of such a meeting would have been for you to take any or no notice of. You or any of your committee did not attend this meeting because by the date of the meeting you had resigned and closed down the old N.W.R.F. It seems strange to myself how any one who has resigned from that committee on the 13-01-04 can then close down the N.W.R.F. on the 16-01-04 with no jurisdiction or mandate to do so. You were not a member or a committee member. You had resigned on the 13-01-04.

Statement in your letter also

until such a time that i can put in place a committee to work with me and continue with the running of the N.W.R.F the way the founder members wanted it run.

You have not run the N.W.R.F. as the founder members intended, they ran it as a none profit making concern and always with good payouts, ( see your own AGM reports in whippet news,2002-2003. plus all know what was handed over to you in the beginning of 2003-2004 year ). If it had been run as the founder members had intended, very little money would have been left each year.

Another statement you mentioned was this

I would also point out that up until 2003 when the £5 was added to the bwra membership we had separate memberships in the bwra also.

You and your partner choose to join together, no one forced you to, it may have been that you thought that paying extra money to the B.W.R.A. for improvements to Asfordby track was not worth the £5 each to keep single membership, bearing in mind that Asfordby was then your club track and you would have benefited more than most.

Yet another statement

The equipment owned by the fed does not belong to the members this equipment has been donated by former and present committee members and from sponsorship money given to the organisation. The membership money you pay to the fed, pays for weight classes trophies, drug testing, track hire, jackets and adverts

The sponsor money given to you from certain council’s was not for you to squander by paying a large sum for a set of second hand traps that were used at best twice per year when stationed at Seaham.

With this statement of yours above you have said it all, the members pay for everything that is needed to run a racing group, the members or ex members have decided that they do not need you. Your general attitude and demeanour towards the people that had raced and paid their membership fees to the old N.W.R.F. is THE DISGRACE as you put it. You have lived in the past using outdated rules for your own protection, otherwise you would have been honest and upfront enough to have made everything public and if you had nothing to hide, you would have done so willingly.

P.S.I know the price you paid all those years ago for the traps, now I know how and why Mr Clarke is nick named Happy Clarke, he must have laughed all the way to the bank. Go on, tell them all how much you paid for second hand traps, give all a laugh. There are many more questions for you to answer but of course it will be like the showing of the accounts for every year you have been in charge of them, you will not because you dare not.

just come of the phone with Angela durose tonight, what a nice lady, she had been misinformed that the fed had folded and is happy for the new fed to continue running for the sup vet trophy at the champs, thank you Angela and Keith.

Reply to Dennis Bailey

1. We agree it is a free country

2. We agree we did resign from N.W,R,F Jan 13th 04. However at that specific time there were only 6 valid N.W.R.F members that were able at that time to call a meeting for a vote of no confidence on committee we are sure none of those members were the ones that actually called this meeting, Yvonne and I were members at this time were you or any attendees at this meeting. I am glad to see you concede to the fact that we did not have to attend or take notice of this meeting and as you see we didnt.

3. N.W.R.F. was until our resignation still ran as a non profit making concern payouts are however attendance reliable i.e. if 4 dogs attend then the payout correspondes with this.

As for monies left at the end of year sponsorships were a help with this.

4. We agree no one forced us to join B.W.R.A. on a joint membership - it may well have been that we thought that paying extra moniey to improve Ashfordby track was not worth the extra £5.00 but this is of no relevance to the subject in hand as for which racers benefit more from these improvements I do not think you are in a position to make such a judgement.

5. As for members owning equipment I suggest you check previous answer there were only 6 - 4 of which were committee.

6. Happy may well have been laughing all the way to the bank on the amount he was paid for the traps however I seem to remember your post mentioning a contradiction - is it therefore not a contradiction when you say we should have paid £5.00 each to B.W.R.A to pay for improvements to Ashfordby which we believe was spent on trap fronts which outweighed the cost of N.W.R.F traps by far.

rowland said:
2. We agree we did resign from N.W,R,F Jan 13th 04. However at that specific time there were only 6 valid N.W.R.F members that were able at that time to call a meeting for a vote of no confidence on committee we are sure none of those members were the ones that actually called this meeting, Yvonne and I were members at this time were you or any attendees at this meeting. I am glad to see you concede to the fact that we did not have to attend or take notice of this meeting and as you see we didnt.

5. As for members owning equipment I suggest you check previous answer there were only 6 - 4 of which were committee.
So at the time of your resignation there was only 6 members of the NWRF.,4

of which were committee members?

Bullshit

Do you seriously expect anyone to believe you had paid your membership? Or is this another case of NWRF funds being the same as the Tony and Yvonne beer fund?

THE TONY AND YVONNE BEER FUND?

Well seems like your the one thats scraping the bottom of the barrel here we were expecting a serious debate however back to the old familiar territory seems like if you dont have an appropriate answer you just resort to profanity and liabilious comments get a life.

SO THERE WAS ONLY 6 PAID UP TO DATE MEMBERS FOR 2004 ...FUNNY THAT AS I KNOW 5 OF THEM AND 4 OF THEM SIGNED THE PETITION FORMS SO THAT A MEMBERS MEETING COULD BE HELD.

SO I WOULD SAY THATS 5 TO 6 THAT COULD OF GIVEN THE A VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE ON THE COMMITTEE, BUT SEEMS AS THE 4 THAT WERE LEFT RESIGNED BEFORE THE MEETING THAT LEFT THE NWRF WITHOUT A COMMITTEE ...FACT

QUITE FUNNY ABOUT THE NWRF BEEN A NONE PROFITABLE ORGANIZATION , YOU WERE OVER HEARD IN 2003 SAYING THAT THE NWRF HAD TWICE AS MUCH MONEY IN THE BANK AS THE BWRA

JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION WHEN CAN MEMBERS EXPECT MONEYS OWING TO THEM AND EQUIPMENTS IT HAS BEEN 11 WEEKS NOW.

Someone asked me a question today in an email ,was wondering if Mr T Weatherson could answer it for them.

This is the email

It has been claimed that there were only six members when the N.W.R.F folded I assume that this is because the old rules (rule number 1) states membership fees-per year or part of a year. Membership to be renewed each year. N.W.R.F year to be October 1st to September 30th following year. I assume that is why I never got my share of the moneys held when the N.W.R.F folded which I was going to donate to the New N.W.R.F. But one thing does intrigue me if there were only six members at the time when the N.W.R.F folded that means there were a lot of dogs at the N.W.R.F Bend Championships in October who were ineligible to run and won titles. Does this mean that the titles are void? What effect if any does this have on the top ten after all there were other N.W.R.F events held after September 30th? How could we pay our memberships as there is never usually anything about fees printed until about January? I know that you had nothing to do with the NEW N.W.R.F but I though I would get an honest answer from you.

Tony,Evonne,Rowland, nobodys interested in reading your letters, with all their feeble excuses.

OK SINCE NOBODY IS INTERESTED DON'T BOTHER ASKING ANYMORE QUESTIONS. BYE :*

BEST IDEA YET.......WHY NOT CALL A MEETING IF THERE IS SO MANY QUESTIONS THAT NEED ANSWERING THEN WE CAN ALL GET BACK TO RACING WHIPPETS :oops:

Rowland, the best thing you can do is pack in whippet racing. We can do without cheating , thieving people in our sport. Do us all a favour & go back to your sewer.

DO SOME OF YOU REALISE WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO PEOPLE :angry:

I HAVE JUST COME OFF THE PHONE FROM TALKING TO A VERY FED UP GAZ,

HE LIKE THE REST OF US ARE FED UP WITH ALL THE BICKERING AND FALLING OUT :angry:

INSTEAD OF CAUSING HASSLE AND MAHEM BETWEEN EACH OTHER WHY NOT TRY AND BUILD A BETTER AND STRONGER WHIPPET COMMUNITY ?/ ONE THAT ALL CAN BE PROUD OF :wub:

GAZ AND MYSELF PLUS OTHERS NO DOUBT ARE SO FED UP WITH THE CONSTANT BICKERING THAT WE HAVE EVEN CONSIDERED PACKING IN WHIPPET RACING?? :oops: BUT WE WONT I AM SURE OF IT......

SOME BRIGHT ermmm.SICK SPARK I SHALL CALL IT :angry: decided to delete all the boards in WHIPPET DOMAIN the other day whilst i was at work......WHY I WONDER????/

ANYWAYS I WOULD LIKE IT KNOWN THAT I DO NOT THINK IT WAS DENISE,..... .WHAT MOTIVE WOULD SHE HAVE TO WANT TO DO THAT WHEN SHE HAS DONE ALL TO HELP ME AND EVERYONE ELSE IN THE PAST... :p I CLOSED WHIPPET DOMAIN DOWN BECAUSE SOME PERV?? PUT AN ADDRESS INSIDE MY PROFILE WHICH I COULD NOT DELETE AND THEY CHANGED MY EMAIL ADDRESS TOO........SICKOS :angry: ..............

SO COME ON ALL LETS TRY AND MAKE 2004 A MEMORABLE YEAR..........

ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE :p :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back