The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Libel

Think you been informed wrong sue ...

The relevant law, RIPA, does not prohibit individuals from recording their own communications provided that the recording is for their own use. Recording or monitoring are only prohibited where some of the contents of the communication - which can be a phone conversation or an e-mail - are made available to a third party, ie someone who was neither the caller or sender nor the intended recipient of the original communication.

Audio evidence can be a compelling proof in settlement discussions or at trial. When a sound recording is played for a jury, the jury not only hears the witness’ words, but the tone, expression and other subtle clues inherent in speech. Further, some individuals may intentionally choose to leave “smoking gun” information in a voicemail instead of an email, believing it will be harder to trace.

From March next year, UK financial institutions will have to record phone calls relating to client too

I know this cause our new fax phone came with all the relevant information on recording conversations , when we bought it ... also the instructions for recording to :lol:

Sorry should of said this law is uk

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Dee i have also read on the internet what u have put on here, yes it may be legal for someone to record someones telephone conversation but if it is only for their own use, It is however illegal for the recording to be made available to a third party unless you have the consent of the other person, the person recording you only has to tell you if they are going to make the contents of the recording available to anyone else. i.e. a third party If the person discovers being recorded and it was to be heard by a third party without their consent then they would have a claim against them for right of privacy, even if it was a partner listening to recorded conversation they would be classed as a third party and they have committed a tort of recording communication unlawfully as they did not obtain the other persons prior consent, this has come from my legal advisor Sue

Oh do behave....... :clown:

Steve and I regularly tape phone conversations ....remember the squidgy tapes?

made a fortune on Ebay....... 8)

Al Fayed is well up for it. :blink:

Just remind me.......Is this a leisure/hobby site? :clown:

S. Rodgers said:
Yes Dee i have also read on the internet what u have put on here, yes it may be legal for someone to record someones telephone conversation but if it is only for their own use, It is however illegal for the recording to be made available to a third party unless you have the consent of the other person, the person  recording you only has to  tell you if they are going to make the contents of the recording available to anyone else. i.e. a third party If the person discovers being recorded and it was to be heard by a third party without their consent then they would have a claim against them for right of privacy, even if it was a partner listening to recorded conversation they would be classed as a third party and they have committed a tort of recording communication unlawfully as they did not obtain the other persons prior consent, this has come from my legal advisor  Sue
correct sue :thumbsup: ...was just point out that its not illegal to tape someones phone conversation without that persons permission thats all ... the law is different in other country's to the UK ...but it can be used as evidence in a court of law :- "

So anyone recording a phone call please check before pressing the record button :thumbsup:

Think this conversation is getting a bit stupid now, anyone bickering please use the personal message facility or sort it out face to face at weekend.

Thanks for the advice Paul :thumbsup:

Rest of posters please stick to the topic, anyone questioning my moderating on the forum once more will have their warning level upped and eventually be barred from posting.

Wouldn't think we were bickering Vicky ...just debating legal issues

I thought it was a good topic ... not dog related but interesting

Thanks Paul :thumbsup:

DENISE BAILEY said:
Wouldn't think we were bickering Vicky ...just debating legal issuesI thought it was a good topic ... not dog related but interesting

Thanks Paul  :thumbsup:

Dont think we r bickering either vicky just that when paul posted the topic i am going through a situation at the moment and i can understand wot he was saying, and as ive just had another solicotors meeting dont think i would bicker after what it is costing me, and i dont hardly post replys on here sue

S. Rodgers said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
Wouldn't think we were bickering Vicky ...just debating legal issuesI thought it was a good topic ... not dog related but interesting

Dont think we r bickering either vicky just that when paul posted the topic i am going through a situation at the moment and i can understand wot he was saying, and as ive just had another solicotors meeting dont think i would bicker after what it is costing me, and i dont hardly post replys on here sue

:luck: Sue, know what you mean about the costs (w00t) but worth every £

milly said:
S. Rodgers said:
DENISE BAILEY said:

:luck: Sue, know what you mean about the costs (w00t) but worth every £

Yes Geoff i think it will be worth it Sue

Cheers. As I have been reliably informed the internet is subject to the same rules as newspapers, TV or radio, it just hasn't been policed. For example you cannot condemn or insult someone on the net until they have been found guilty or admitted to any crime. You also have to be very careful regarding personal abuse and unfounded accusations. I'm sure you all see the 'apologies' in the papers when something is printed that is inaccurate. The same does apply to forums like this...

Kind Regards,

Paul

eyyyyyyyyy,well a better not tell all yous that mr garry baily was seen walking around aycliffe last night wearing suspenders and high heels, (w00t) omg,bet i get wrong telling tales eh :x :sweating: (w00t)

kenny m said:
eyyyyyyyyy,well a better not tell all yous that mr garry baily was seen walking around aycliffe last night wearing suspenders and high heels, (w00t) omg,bet i get wrong telling tales eh :x   :sweating:   (w00t)
He's getting the hang of the heels then if he can walk. :p Les.

Kenny you grass (w00t) I'm gonna grass you for that :- " Kenny said if id wear the gear he would consider me for a job in his new chain of kebab shops at sabu Madison's :D

mutley said:
Kenny you grass (w00t)   I'm gonna grass  you for that :- "  Kenny said if id wear the gear he would consider me for  a job in his new chain of kebab shops at sabu Madison's  :D

kennysshop.jpg

THATS OK BUTT WAIT TILL I GAN ON THE OTHER PC SOME CANNY PHOTOS ON THAT 1,,KEEP AN EYE OUT (w00t)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back