The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Life In The Fast Lane

ianandalli

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:unsure: Passed poor Dave Naylor and family and dogs with their caravan overturned on the M5 today just by Cheltenham at lunchtime. It looked like it had not long happened we couldnt stop as the police were there and waving everyone by. Caravan had jackknifed and saw someone on verge with a whippet. It looked like everyone was OK, car was in one piece, caravan looked a bit wrecked. How awful for them. Hope all is OK, we felt really bad not being able to help but there were services with them. If anyone hears any news I would like to know they are Ok. :oops:

Bloody hell that's shocking news. Really hoping all the gang are ok - please keep us posted :luck:

ianandalli said:
:unsure: Passed poor Dave Naylor and family and dogs with their caravan overturned on the M5 today just by Cheltenham at lunchtime.  It looked like it had not long happened we couldnt stop as the police were there and waving everyone by.  Caravan had jackknifed and saw someone on verge with a whippet.  It looked like everyone was OK, car was in one piece, caravan looked a bit wrecked.  How awful for them.  Hope all is OK, we felt really bad not being able to help but there were services with them.  If anyone hears any news I would like to know they are Ok. :oops:
Me and Norman also saw it they were about half in hour in front of us we stopped to check if they needed any help but Dave said everything was being taken care of by the police not spoke to them since as phone is busy but left Dave very upset and shaken he said he thought it was the end for them he was waiting for phone calls etc when i left him felt so helpless but they are ok that is the main thing

MILLGIRL said:
ianandalli said:
:unsure: Passed poor Dave Naylor and family and dogs with their caravan overturned on the M5 today just by Cheltenham at lunchtime.  It looked like it had not long happened we couldnt stop as the police were there and waving everyone by.  Caravan had jackknifed and saw someone on verge with a whippet.  It looked like everyone was OK, car was in one piece, caravan looked a bit wrecked.  How awful for them.  Hope all is OK, we felt really bad not being able to help but there were services with them.  If anyone hears any news I would like to know they are Ok. :oops:
Me and Norman also saw it they were about half in hour in front of us we stopped to check if they needed any help but Dave said everything was being taken care of by the police not spoke to them since as phone is busy but left Dave very upset and shaken he said he thought it was the end for them he was waiting for phone calls etc when i left him felt so helpless but they are ok that is the main thing

ianandalli said:
MILLGIRL said:
ianandalli said:

So glad to hear they were Ok I was worrying about dogs in the caravan. Dave looked really shocked when we saw him, Ian recognised him as we went past. Must have been really frightening.

So glad they are all ok, spoke to Diane very shocked but ok :huggles:

glad you all ok so sorry to hear what happen diane and dave

thanks everyone for your concern :thumbsup: me and diane and the dogs are all ok but badly shaken no thanks to the bastard in the wagon that caused diane to brake and started the caravan jack knifeing across the motorway i thought we had met our maker ,and we would have done but for dianes quick thinking and the drivers behind us. i have never felt so releived when the wagon heading right for us stopped right in front of us. i could not believe the car stayed upright i will never forget the screaming of the dogs as the car span around the motorway if whippets have nine lives like cats then they have used up eight today,the caravan is a complete write off not bad hey saying we have only had it a month :rant: thanks ian for your concern hope to see everyone soon we will have to get the old tent out now afraid it will be no caravans for us in the future.. thanks chris and norman for stopping it was great to see someone we knewi think i was in shock and shaking like a leaf when you arrived . anyway we all survived to race another day. :thumbsup:

just spoke to dave they're all alright but caravans a right off. My poor old heart cant take such news. Glad they are all ok. Bloody good Driving Diane your mother is definately looking over you. Catch up with you soon.

naylorwhippets said:
thanks everyone for your concern  :thumbsup: me and diane and the dogs are all ok but badly shaken no thanks to the bastard in the wagon that caused diane to brake and started the caravan jack knifeing across the motorway i thought we had met our maker ,and we would have done but for dianes quick thinking and the drivers behind us. i have never felt so releived when the wagon heading right for us stopped right in front of us. i could not believe the car stayed upright i will never forget the screaming of the dogs as the car span around the motorway if whippets have nine lives like cats then they have used up eight today,the caravan is a complete write off not bad hey saying we have only had it a month :rant:   thanks ian for your concern hope to see everyone soon we will have to get the old tent out now afraid it will be no caravans for us in the future.. thanks chris and norman for stopping it was great to see someone we knewi think i was in shock and shaking like a leaf when you arrived .  anyway we all survived to race another day. :thumbsup:
oh you poor things i write my car off at the start of the year and im nerves now every time ,i get in it but i thoughti would meet my maker too dave it so scary i no you and diane take nice and easy hope the dogs are ok thinking of you all

Hi,

This is Diane and Dave's son Josh.

Massive shock today with what happend with my mum and dad, have made my mum promise she will not tow again and just use the tent :D .

I am so pleased that they are both ok and think she is one brave and fantastic mum for how she managed to keep the car in control and save my dad and dogs lives. :sweating: Today had made me realise how not to take everything for granted. Dont know what i would of done if my mum and dad had not of come home safely today. once again i am so proud of her, for what she has done. :wub:

We're so glad you are all OK :huggles: ...... By the sounds of it thank goodness for Diane's quick thinking ..... A credit to women drivers everywhere ;) ......What a lovely post Josh :) :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG Diane,Dave ,

This sent a shudder right though me.We are so glad both you,Dave and all the dogs are ok.We were only talking about the amount of caravans that had turned over on the roads at the last couple of race meetings. It must have been awfull for you. Well done Diane to keep control, bless you xXx

omg im so glad your all ok,i had the biggest shock reading this :eek:

well done diane you must be a damn good driver for keeping everyone safe :thumbsup:

hope the dogs are ok and not too shuck up :huggles:

josh your a son in a million and im sure your mum and dad know that :huggles: was so nice reading your post

Glad to read that you are all okay Dave and Diane. Having that happen must have been so frightening. Good driving Diane.

:eek: :eek: diane & dave thank god your all ok :eek: :eek: , i cant imagine how frightening it must have been :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

i dont miss towing one bit :sweating: its horrible when they start to wobble.....but what happen to you just sends shivers up my spine :unsure: :unsure:

hope your all feeling better this evening..... :huggles: :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back