The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Litter Anoucnment

mikadene

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Yetserday my Lucy was so thoughtfull , that she gave birth to 7 little ones during the day. It is the very first time in over 40 years of breeding that a bitch has whelped during the day instead of the night. We only have one small one but he is doing very well. All the rest are strapping little ones.

Mike

aww good luck with the babies,

much better than those delearious 2 in the morning jobs :D

Photos Mike - we need photos!!!! :D And info on who mum and dad are. :)

Congratulations by the way :thumbsup:

Paula Roberts said:
Congratulations :thumbsup: we do need piccies though :thumbsup:

Many thanks guy's for the comments made.

Well it is ironic that there is a thread going on about Blues and Black's. I have just had a litter of 7 Blue's with white trim or parti white.

Mum is Kayanessay Diamond Chip, ( Barnsmoor lines)

Dad is Collooney Quick Silver at Mikadene a Brindle son of Ch Colloonney Silver Jigalo. Mum is a Fawn but I know she carried the blue Gene. Not sure if the dad carries it but I have my suspicions. I will of course send pictures in a day or so. Only one little one in the litter but he is sucking like a limpet on that teet to get his share at the milk bar. He is eating for 2 I think. There is a couple of very nice ones in there.

Thanks again for the kind comments.

Mike

congratulations mike!!! well done mum!!! come on get them piccies up please!!! :thumbsup:

:cheers: Congratulations! :cheers: We definitely need some pics.

But sorry to disapoint you there is no way your pups will be blue. They will be brindle or the same as mum. To get blue (or balck) at least one parent has to be blue (or black) :(

:luck: best of luck, i am glad the little one is feeding well :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Seraphina said:
:cheers: Congratulations! :cheers:   We definitely need some pics. But sorry to disapoint you  there is no way your pups will be blue.  They will be brindle or the same as mum.  To get blue (or balck) at least one parent has to be blue (or black)  :(

:luck:   best of luck, i am glad the little one is feeding well :cheers:

Thats what I thought , they will probably be fawn or brindle . I remember Richee :wub: in my last litter who was completly jet black when born :eek: but he turned out a most super black brindle , even though it took a fews days to `pale off` :wacko:

my money is on them ending up blue fawn :wub:

sounds a cute litter :thumbsup:

beaker said:
my money is on them ending up blue fawn :wub:

sounds a cute litter :thumbsup:

[/quote

Do you know Folks,

It looks like I have got a few Friesan Cows in minature that have snook into the Whelping box. One or two are turning slightly but the majority are still blue. Mum was the only Fawn in her litter and the rest were blue and one black. Don't quote me on that though. That's what her breeder Cath told me yesterday. She is over the moon with the outcome. I like that colour so I may just go ahead and try and breed for it in the future. I never win owt anyway so it doesn't matter if the judge prefer's Fawn's and Brindle's. I will still enter the shows I can and enjoy myself. I think now is the time I came clean and told you why I have been so bad tempered. I must first start with a great big SORRY to those nice show folks out there. You see I ordered a puppy from Tony over on the Continent. I paid my deposit of £300 and it was going well untill tony put it on the web that one pup was coming to me. Well some very nice show folks got in touch with Tony and told him all my dogs were dirty and the judges couldn't go over them, I was a bad looser and the pup would be a waste if it came to me. One woman said she would never sell me one in a million years. Well all I can say to that woman is why does she breed so many litters a year. I thought we where against Puppy farming.

I am over those people now and if I never speak to them again it will be too soon.

They are some of the well known folks in the breed as well. Anyway Tony dropped me which broke my heart and made me as mad as hell. So now you know. My handler Claire Nolcini went berserk and so did Cath the breeder of Lucy. They all know me my kennels my house and have even stayed with us here. so They know just how clean my place is.

That ws the Welcome I got coming back to Whippets. and I thought the fight in the GSD camps was bad lol.

Sorry folks for ranting

Mike

Just a couple of Piccies,

1009.jpg

1005.jpg

1006.jpg

1008.jpg

Lovely puppies :wub: they definitely look stripey to me :thumbsup:

They look stripey to me too :thumbsup:

CONGRATULATIONS Mike and mum :cheers:

They look lovely and very fat little bullets!! All the very best with them :thumbsup:

PS for what it is worth,they look like they will be silver brindle parti's and silverblue/fawn brindle with trims,it does seem to be a trait with Barney offspring altho I know these are his Grandchildren!

such cute little fat bundles :wub: :wub: :wub:

im sooooo broody now :huggles:

they look lovely ( and stripey :thumbsup: )

:) Yep, they look to me blue brindles. If you look at the blue and black thread; on the last couple of pages we were discussing why you can never get blue or black from brindle to fawn (or brindle-brindle, or fawn-fawn) mating. The blue are born pretty much the colour they are as adult, the fawn and brindle are actually sable, born very dark and fade out, with the brindling clearing out. My litter of mixed colours 5 days old:

Even better example; blue litter with 2 blue brindle pups easily spotted :) (3rd brindle is hiding)

05whippet said:
CONGRATULATIONS Mike and mum :cheers:
They look lovely and very fat little bullets!! All the very best with them  :thumbsup:

PS for what it is worth,they look like they will be silver brindle parti's and silverblue/fawn brindle with trims,it does seem to be a trait with Barney offspring altho I know these are his Grandchildren!

Many thanks for the advice, I think my girl Lucy has done me proud and produced some nice chunky babies. They have a good start in life and I have allways said If they don't have it now they never will. meaning bone and substance etc. I do hope you are right. I will be keeping a girl for myself and then let the others go to good permanent homes. May I call on you guy's for any more advice that I may need to ask in the future. My ideas on what makes a good running dog may not be what I need to look for in a show Whippet.

Many thanks for all the very nice comments sent my way. I do appreciate it 100%

Mike

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back