The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lizard & District

terri

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
The commitee of our club held a meeting where it was, almost unanimously,

decided with only one exception,

that our club will NOT BE HOLDING ANY TYPE OF OPEN meeting this year.

This is the COMMITEE'S FINAL decision regarding LIZARD & DISTRICT WRC 2011 OPEN

Last edited by a moderator:
The commitee of our club held a meeting where it was, almost unanimously,decided with only one exception,

I am so sad about this but totally understand ! I am more worried about what we going to do other than the holiday stuff! My cornwall won't be the same without me preparing my outfit and judging skills for the lizard ! x x x x x

I am so sorry racing has come to this.

We know that putting on an Open is a lot of work especially for a small Club, and many people will be disappointed, but I am sure we will all visit for a Club meeting if you will have us.

Carol

Such a shame, always look forward to your opens. But as Carol says, we will come along and support your club meet if you hold one while we are down there. :thumbsup:

Gutted! it was going to be our first time racing at the Lizard. I to hope we can come to a club meeting on that Sunday if you hold one.

Such a shame, :( the annual pilgrimage to Cornwall is a way of life for many of us. :(

I really hope there is a club meeting for everyone to attend during their holiday. :thumbsup:

We planned our first trip too. Shame for the charity also.

Such a shame, :( the annual pilgrimage to Cornwall is a way of life for many of us. :(
I really hope there is a club meeting for everyone to attend during their holiday. :thumbsup:

I hope so too, we would love a run out there.

Oh what a shame :( I was really looking forward to coming to your Open for a second time.

We have already booked our pitch at the local caravan site from Friday so if you are having a club meeting on the Sunday would it be possible for us to run our whippets?

So sorry to hear no Lizard open its a shame its come to this all our dogs want to do is run and all we want to do is "have the crack" Cornwall holiday wont be the same hope to see you at club meeting. So much has been lost by the actions of so few!!!!

It is a shame we are coming down to Cornwall this year as well for the 1st time as everyone had told us for years now how good it is to have a holidy and race our dogs, oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the reason for not having one? I'm sure if you're short of helpers, lots of people will help :thumbsup:

Im sorry to here this too Terry, with so many whippet races in Cornwal on holiday, missed out last year too :(

Im a bit miffed, Alan and i have always supported the Lizard club, as have so many others.

what is the reason for pulling the plug on it this year???????

:rant: With so many willing to help!!!! VERY SAD :(

Yes it is a shame. We had already offered our help on the day.

The commitee of our club held a meeting where it was, almost unanimously,decided with only one exception,

heard you the first time but why??????????? If there is a problem can the members know please??????????????

In response to k9 activity

"We are sorry that you seem to have been misled regarding our committee decision not to hold an Open this year. We are very capable of holding an Open and have always been willing to make the effort to do so. We are grateful to all who have helped us in the past.

We held a successful Open last year and it was an enjoyable day for all who came.

However, despite compromising our entry reqirements, we were aware that many previous supporters of our club and indeed members, chose not to attend. Obviously this was disappointing and the profit made for the club was considerably reduced. The months leading up to the Open were less than enjoyable with many disagreements regarding the format that the Open should take. You are all aware of the reasons for this and we believe other clubs were in the same difficult position.

We are a very small club, with between 4 and 10 people regularly attending our weekly trial meetings. In order for our club to return to the original friendly, relaxed atmosphere that we are so proud of, it was proposed, seconded, and voted on at committee not to hold an Open this year.

To do so would probably have caused the same problems as last year, and possibly the end of the club altogether "

On behalf of the Committee of Lizard & District W.R.C

Can't you put your differences aside just for one day? The reason your open wasn't well attended last year, is no longer there and because of that it will no doubt be very well attended this year. Surely it is in the interests of your club to run a successful open?

In response to k9 activity
"We are sorry that you seem to have been misled regarding our committee decision not to hold an Open this year. We are very capable of holding an Open and have always been willing to make the effort to do so. We are grateful to all who have helped us in the past.

We held a successful Open last year and it was an enjoyable day for all who came.

However, despite compromising our entry reqirements, we were aware that many previous supporters of our club and indeed members, chose not to attend. Obviously this was disappointing and the profit made for the club was considerably reduced. The months leading up to the Open were less than enjoyable with many disagreements regarding the format that the Open should take. You are all aware of the reasons for this and we believe other clubs were in the same difficult position.

We are a very small club, with between 4 and 10 people regularly attending our weekly trial meetings. In order for our club to return to the original friendly, relaxed atmosphere that we are so proud of, it was proposed, seconded, and voted on at committee not to hold an Open this year.

To do so would probably have caused the same problems as last year, and possibly the end of the club altogether "

On behalf of the Committee of Lizard & District W.R.C

Surely the answer to your problem is quite simple. Just hold an open and allow all passports. Every one happy.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back