The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Looking For A Pup

Hold On

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi every one,

Could anybody help me with some links / contacts to breeders that have pups for sale ??

It is for a very good friend of mine in Denmark. The pup will be joining a small owner/breeder and will live as a most loved pet and racing whippet.

You can se some of Connie's Whippets by clicking on www.nicandras.dk

It is in Danish but if you click on the names at the top left side you can se pictures and pedigrees. :thumbsup:

A bit disappointed that nobody is willing to help me find a pup :(

Are there no breeders that have pups at the moment ???

Or do you not want to sell a pup to Denmark !! It will be very well cared for and it will spend its old age on the sofa next to the fireplace. Like all Connies Whippets they stay with her for life.

Please let me know if I am wasting my time looking for a pup in England !

not many racing litters about at the moment, most are booked long before being born...i think most racing folk enjoy seeing their pups run local.

good luck in your search :thumbsup:

you could pm Midlanderkeith on here, JIll is due in 3-4 weeks :luck:

Thanks Lady :D

Me living in Ireland :luck: and not being a Whippet person it is very difficult to find my way round the whippet community in England.

I thought that Whippet racing in England was realy BIG and I had never imagined that it would be a problem finding a pup. :sweating:

when we wanted a whippet puppy 3 years ago we contacted all the breeders on a list, I looked on Champdogs forum and Dawn put me in the direction of K9, where we found Ella.

Our friends were looking at the same time for a lab and there were 40 litters of labs in the North region, compared to 5 of whippets.

Once you join on here you see littlers coming up, so if you're in no great hurry just keep checking and you'll get what you want soon :luck:

Julie D said:
Once you join on here you see littlers coming up, so if you're in no great hurry just keep checking and you'll get what you want soon  :luck:
Thanks Julie.

But where dos the "List of litters come up" I can't find anything ??

Hold On said:
Julie D said:
Once you join on here you see littlers coming up, so if you're in no great hurry just keep checking and you'll get what you want soon  :luck:
Thanks Julie.

But where dos the "List of litters come up" I can't find anything ??

No there isn't a list of litters coming up, Hold On (and welcome to K9 by the way). It's more that you see people posting to say they might have a litter on the way.

People can't advertise on here but generally if you read the posts and then PM someone you might be able to find a puppy.

Good luck with your search. :thumbsup:

Why on Earth can breeders not advertise their litters / Pups ????

Hold On said:
Why on Earth can breeders not advertise their litters / Pups ????

Because it makes everyone start fighting :lol:

Have a look around and see who's got a litter then send them

a private message asking if all the pups are booked :thumbsup:

I just done a quick search............are any of these any good :))

HERE

Hold On said:
Julie D said:
Where can I see which litters are born and who the breeder is ???

Still looking for a pup - so please feel free to PM me with informations on litters planed or born.

Happy Christmas :luck:

I think most of the breeders listed at AnnSa's link breed primarily for showdogs and their dogs racing abilities would be unproven.

there was an article in Dec whippet news from a Finish whippet owner who compared the racing scene in UK and Finland. Maybe your friend would be best off getting a whippet from a Scandinavian or German kennel which does a lot of racing.

I don't know an awful lot about mainland Europe whippets but I know "Per Mobile" race their dogs and have quite a lot of dogs and that Svenska whippetklubben, Sweden, has a website and an active membership: http://www.whippetklubben.nu/

(I do notice that your friend already has several whippets. Is she particularly keen to add UK breeding to her stock?)

btw, where in Ireland are you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I spend my life at moment on this site dreaming of the day I am able to go ahead and get a pup. If you follow the posts you will see people who have just had a litter or a mating. I haven't ventured further to know if these pups are taken way before the mating but it may be worth PMing them otherwise try a posting to see if any one is planning to mate their whippet and if there's enough in the litter one may be up for grabs. There would be some patience involved cause guessing it would be a 41/2 month wait from mating before you get to take your pup home.

Otherwise try uk.freeads.net/ there are pups on there ready to go.

I will be holding out for someone from this site if I can cause everyone on here seems really devoted to their whippets and I've got a long wait til I can even think of getting a pup.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back