The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Looking For A Van To Buy...

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
jinnyfizz said:
Sounds like you need something similar to a little 3.5T horsebox with living and cab access!!! Ideal :thumbsup:

You can sleep in it, cook and wash in it, keep the dogs in it and drive it - what more could you want :teehee:

chains, broken guinness bottles, handcuffs, chicken wire, :lol:

well i seem to be stuck on peugeot expert...and scudo by fiat. im looking at jo locks van at the weekend as she has a scudo.

i dont want a big van as theyre dearer to take to england and also the price-band on the ferry is dearer too. a midi..thats the job :thumbsup:

thanks for all the advice..i did take it all in.

stormydog said:
well i seem to be stuck on peugeot expert...and scudo by fiat. im looking at jo locks van at the weekend as she has a scudo.i dont want a big van as theyre dearer to take to england and also the price-band on the ferry is dearer too.  a midi..thats the job  :thumbsup:

thanks for all the advice..i did take it all in.

i, own , a expert , with seats in the back, it's boarded out , and theres plenty of room for my two dogs , who lie loose in the back , it now seats 6 , so it would be ideal if theres a few travelling with you,

highly recomend one , mine just the straight 1.9 diesel ,but the 1.9td a lot better

good luck in finding your purchase dennned

we have a citroen c8 mpv,take the two back rows out and you have a midi van with all the extras.had it converted last year to lpg.it now costs 38 pound to fillup instead of 88 on petrol :thumbsup:

We had the citroen dispatch 1.9 diesel R reg, bought it for £1000, kept it for two years then sold it for £1000 excellent motor, reckon we got 45 plus mpg.

Not turbo so was not as quick but was more economical (typical Scot), just a little bit noisy inside though.

Got a 30x21x24 high cage at each of the side doors for the four whippets that left plenty room for the two 23 inch lurchers, afghan and collie to lie down in at the back doors. we made a mesh frame to go across the back so that we could have the doors open without the dogs running out.

Got a Fiat Doblo now, again 1.9 deisel, flying machine. 50 mpg and cheaper tax band.

we get the two 30 inch cages at the back door with two 24x18x21 high cages on top without the seats down so it still seats five including driver.

Hope this is of help

:cheers:

Ken

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back