The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Looking For Agility Or Flyball Classes In S Yorks.

Vaughan

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi, can anyone help me, I'm wanting to find out any agility or flyball classes around Barnsley I can take my Whippet x Bedlington to. I think he would excel and love these classes. Does anyone on here do these classes with their lurchers??

Hi, Im in Barnsley too, and currently take my lil whippet x fox terrier when i get chance.

"My pet stop "at leeds does, but it a bit far and its on a Friday night!!

Have you done any before? Here it is about £6 per session, and you just get to go in turns around the equipment - no real training and they dont compete either. But its ok to see if your dog enjoys it.

There is a club at Holmefirth that im wanting to join too. Ill get details and let you know. They used to training at woodnook, but i think its some where midgley area now?? :wacko:

There arnt many clubs in our area thou (the only barnsley one closed down! :rant: ) so you will have to travel, a few in Rotherham but more of the M18 side so pretty far to go.

I'm not in your area but I do compete at agility with my 2 lurchers. There are quite a lot of lurchers doing it, some really good dogs.

My older one has just had two 3rd places this weekend. (have a look in general dog discussion if you're interested)

There is a website called AGILITYNET where I'm sure there is a list of training clubs. Also you could ask the Kennel Club for your nearest club.

Good Luck but be warned....you'll become totally addicted (w00t)

Julie

Vaughan said:
Hi, can anyone help me, I'm wanting to find out any agility or flyball classes around Barnsley I can take my Whippet x Bedlington to. I think he would excel and love these classes. Does anyone on here do these classes with their lurchers??
a friend of mine at work does flyball in sheffield somewhere. he's going to get me the number. i'll post it tomorrow.

Bellefire said:
Vaughan said:
a friend of mine at work does flyball in sheffield somewhere. he's going to get me the number. i'll post it tomorrow.

I SEE WHAT MUM MEANS NOW :thumbsup: AND ONCE AGAIN SORRY :b

Wakefield Dog Training Club do both agility and flyball.

I used to do flyball with my lurcher, and they're a really nice team.

The club is £12 a year to join, then it was £2 a time for training.

They have a website with phone numbers on, the club is in Ossett-

2 mins from the M1.

Agilitynet address here:

http://www.agilitynet.com/

They have a page with clubs throughout UK and you can look via region or club name.

Enjoy!

Lurchers love it, but owners have the patience of a saint!

Oscar's favourite trick is to 'roach' in the competition ring having gone over at least three jumps in the wrong order and if I'm lucky, a tunnel as well!

'Elimination' is our second name... ;)

Fiona

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back