The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Looking For Hairy Wippet Cross Lurcher

r_blears

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Our beautiful Lurcher passed away today. Whilst it's pretty heart renching to loose a pet suddenly, I feel it important to try and start the search for a replacement as soon as possible.

We have 2 young daughters and whilst our last dog was a rescue of about 2 years old when we got her, I would much prefer to get a pup this time round.

We would like to get a hairy lurcher this and I am looking for some advice. We have been really lucky with our last 2 , both bitches and both with wonderful tempraments.

Can anyone make a recommendation based on a whippet X that will make a family pet with a suitable temprament for small children.

If anyone can recommend a breeder in the Northwest, that would be great. We are based in the Chester area, although I'm not too concerned about travelling to get the right dog.

Thanks.

Richard.

r_blears said:
Our beautiful Lurcher passed away today. Whilst it's pretty heart renching to loose a pet suddenly, I feel it important to try and start the search for a replacement as soon as possible.
We have 2 young daughters and whilst our last dog was a rescue of about 2 years old when we got her, I would much prefer to get a pup this time round.

We would like to get a hairy lurcher this and I am looking for some advice. We have been really lucky with our last 2 , both bitches and both with wonderful tempraments.

Can anyone make a recommendation based on a whippet X that will make a family pet with a suitable temprament for small children.

If anyone can recommend a breeder in the Northwest, that would be great. We are based in the Chester area, although I'm not too concerned about travelling to get the right dog.

Thanks.

Richard.

Hi Richard, sorry to hear about the loss of your dog, now then in countrymans weekly, there are several adverts for lurcher pups, one being, lurcher puppies, good with children, tele 01746 861376 shropshire, one or 2 more if u need em

oh and welcome to k9

keith :thumbsup:

one of our dogs is a whippet bedlington, she is brilliant with the children, she lays on the settee with them, and runs round the garden with them, :) :) :) we also have a whippet /bedlington, cross greyhound and a bedlington cross greyhound, they are abit bigger, but just as friendly with the children, all are hairy

Thanks for the replies. I think I already knew I wanted a bedlington/whippet X. My concern related to the little bits and pieces I had read on various sites. These all seem to say that they can be a bit snappy, but mainly with other dogs. I suppose it all comes down to careful selection and checking out the parents etc. I'll keep looking and if anyone else can point m in the direction of quality breeders that would be great.

Thank you all so far for the advice.

Richard.

midlanderkeith said:
r_blears said:

Thanks.

Richard.

Hi Richard, sorry to hear about the loss of your dog, now then in countrymans weekly, there are several adverts for lurcher pups, one being, lurcher puppies, good with children, tele 01746 861376 shropshire, one or 2 more if u need em

oh and welcome to k9

bedlington x whippet pups £200, 01434 320306, c weekly

There's a litter of whippet x bedlingtons on epupz in cheshire look under whippets and just keep scrolling down and you'll find them

r_blears said:

Thanks.

Richard.

Mannor Whippets (phil canham)

I have alitter of Wherriers WhipxFell broken coated pup and smooth bitches Give me a call 01328 822197 Norfolk

Apart from the lurcher pups at Many Tears (thanks Scotty :) ) you will find Lurchers of various ages looking for homes on www.lurcher.org these are in foster and therefore can be assessed for child friendliness, same goes for Greyhound Gap (which also rescue lurchers) and www.dogpages.org.uk where there are all sorts of doglets needing good permanent homes. Do have a look...

I have a whippet x beddie/grey and she is gorgeous :wub: but a bit scared of small kids and used to nip quite a lot (mostly me 8) ) when she was a pup with her 'terrier teeth' as I used to call them.

Very sorry you have lost your old friend, it's heartbreaking I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
r_blears said:
Thanks for the replies. I think I already knew I wanted a bedlington/whippet X. My concern related to the little bits and pieces I had read on various sites. These all seem to say that they can be a bit snappy, but mainly with other dogs. I suppose it all comes down to careful selection and checking out the parents etc. I'll keep looking and if anyone else can point m in the direction of quality breeders that would be great.
Thank you all so far for the advice.

Richard.

I breed whippet/bedlington cross's but im down south in Devon. If you ring up about a first cross whippet/bedlington especially in papers like the countrymans weekly please ask the breeder if the Bedlington has been tested for Copper Toxicosis, if it hasent then dont buy a puppy from that breeder.

If you would like to know more about CT then contact any of the 3 Bedlington Clubs with in the UK, the secretaries may even know of any first cross pups for sale.

Bedlingtonwoman

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back