The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Looking For Puppy / Yound Dog

elaine barter

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi all, I am also new to this site. I have just lost my oldest lurcher - Hancock bred and the ripe old age of 18! I have had three rescue lurchers over the last few years and now have a saluki/greyhound left. I am looking for a young / puppy deerhound/greyhound or similar ie wolfhound x with maybe some bearded in there. Not over fussy but do want a large rough coat as my old boy was. Does anyone have any ideas at all where to look? Have tried several sites, rescue homes and David Hancock himself but no success so far. Anyone with ideas or knowledge of any please let me know. Thank you.

Hi, and welcome to the site, nothing here at the moment, but I will make some enquiries and if something crops up in the near future, I will let you know...

Welcome to K9 :cheers: good luck in your search :luck: :luck:

Welcome to K9 Elaine!

I understand your need to get another lurchery friend in your life ..................I have 3 and a greyhound and would be lost without them.

I know its a long way ahead, but my boy Basil ( beddie/whippet mum x irish terrier dad) is, as I type, just visiting his new wife, who is a beautiful greyhound cross lurcher, so fingers crossed and there will be the patter of not so tiny paws in a few weeks time!!

Good luck with your search :thumbsup:

Thank you to the three of you. I havent got a clue how to use these chat things properly I'm afraid but - no doubt will learn. Am off on a weeks hol tmro but if any of you hear of anything please do post even tho I wont reply till next week. Thank you and looking forward to more contact soon.

elaine barter said:
Hi all, I am also new to this site. I have just lost my oldest lurcher - Hancock bred and the ripe old age of 18! I have had three rescue lurchers over the last few years and now have a saluki/greyhound left. I am looking for a young / puppy deerhound/greyhound or similar ie wolfhound x with maybe some bearded in there. Not over fussy but do want a large rough coat as my old boy was. Does anyone have any ideas at all where to look? Have tried several sites, rescue homes and David Hancock himself but no success so far. Anyone with ideas or knowledge of any please let me know. Thank you.
Hi, not sure where u r based, but there is a chap by the name of Dave Platts based in Coalville Leicestershire that breeds a line of GreyhoundxDeerhound

Sometimes ads in Countrymans Weekly Mag.Has first and second crosses.

I could help if u fancy something smaller and smooth coated.A friend has some pups left from GreyhoundxWhippet litter.Dam;Hurdles champ Sire;Champ racer.

Tel;07946 722116

Good Luck

Jon.

elaine barter said:
I have a 9-10 month old lurcher called willow he would love to live with another dog he is a beutifull dog. if your interested please e-mail me at vikkielane@yahoo.co.uk

Hi, bappit also has a nice deerhound cross looking for a good home, not a pup but a youngster I beleive :thumbsup:

Thanks Dox, I do he is 2year old neutered, definate lurcher/longdog though exact cross not known - will post some pics 27" to shoulder - he's housetrained and for the most part an o:) so friendly and laid back, he is a little exiteable, but very bright and learns quickly, can be recalled no problem...just needs permanent home ASAP...PM me for any more details.

ske_head.JPG

Another couple of the lad looking for new digs...

ske_right.JPG

Oh, he's living in Fife in care of St. Huberts hound rescue, still PM me for more details...if your a bit away can try to arrange something so you dont have to go all the way to see how you'd get on with him.

ske_head.JPG

Last one promise...just so you can get an idea of size etc. he is next to full deerhound here, although she is of the smaller type 31" to shoulder.

View attachment 18645

Wow, he's beautiful! Don't suppose you'll have him long.

There's quite a few lurchers in homes wanted at www.lurcher.org if anyone would like to have a look. Also some needing foster homes.

Loopy said:
Wow, he's beautiful! Don't suppose you'll have him long.
There's quite a few lurchers in homes wanted at www.lurcher.org if anyone would like to have a look. Also some needing foster homes.

There's a litter of Deerhound x greyhound pups being handreared that will be looking for adoptive homes soon, on Dogpages deerhound x pups but I only know they're in the north, don't know where.

Yes I saw them, they are sweet and think have been crossposted to LurcherLink as well. Hope they find loving homes soon.

Gather it's better to email the rescue as they don't answer the phone very often. Think transport can be arranged if homecheck is passed.

elaine barter said:
hi ..seen your ad and wondered if you would be interested in my deerhound/greyhound pup shes the last one of a perfect litter of 8 i held her back after my daughter took a shine to her but we all know that we have to let her go now, she is big boned with a thick rough coat ,4months old ,brindle the whole litter has thrown back to the deerhound lines i own both parents and theres pictures of them all in my members profile gallery if your interested im not interested in making money on her and a promise of a goodhome is all i'm asking for her you can ring for more info on 01904780668 after 6 please .. :)

Just bumping this up for you Lind@ in case you want to check out the deer x grey handrears mentioned here.

There's a litter of Deerhound x greyhound pups being handreared that will be looking for adoptive homes soon, on Dogpages deerhound x pups but I only know they're in the north, don't know where.

same litter is featured at http://www.pawzforthought.org (currently picture #5 of dogs needing homes). the organisation is based in Sunderland/S Tyneside

also if you or anyone is interested in an adult deerhound type lurcher and you don't mind him being neutered and can get him from Ireland, check out "Snippy" in Limerick:

http://www.limerickanimalwelfare.com/java-...ex.jsp?start=25

This shelter also has several greyhounds and lurchers, including a couple of hounds who are undergoing veterinary treatment for broken legs (see the page on "cruelty cases" at www.limerickanimalwelfare.com - and note that they welcome donations for help with these medical costs)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back