The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Looking To Make Iggy Friends!

lancscat

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello there, myself and my IG will be moving to Reading mid January having spent time in the warmer climes of the Caribbean. Unfortunately she had to have six months in the USA to meet quarantine restrictions in the UK...longest 6 months of my life!! But, she had a great time staying with my friend on her farm, visiting hospital patients as a therapy dog, and won several dog shows as well as having her first litter of pups who have all gone to show homes and are very cute!

Would be great to meet up with other IGs (and non IGs!) and their owners locally for walks (once she acclimatises to the British weather!). I'd also love to show her here as she really enjoys it, but I have no idea how it all works to be honest! I'd be really interested in finding a breeder or professional who would be prepared to show her for me too.

Really excited to have her home soon, but also nervous having spent 6 months without her and hoping she hasn't forgotton what a british accent sounds like! I've never liked telling her to 'go potty', but unfortunately thats the command she is used to!!

Also if any one can suggest good, IG friendly places to visit for weekends or whatever, that would be fantastic.

Sarah :))

Welcome to k9 :thumbsup:

Be good to see some pictures of your little ig once she has settled back in home :D

Hello and Welcome to K9 :cheers: Enjoy the site and the K9 bunch :thumbsup: Any pics of your doggie? We love pics :)

Hiya, and welcome to K9, you'll find plenty of Iggy people here who will point you in the right direction, or even show people who would be happy to advise. There's also a few from Reading on here.

Would love to see some pics when she gets here, and Crufts is coming up soon, maybe you could come along and meet some Iggy people there.

Glad you found us anyway :cheers:

Welcome to the forum.

There are lots of lovely experienced IG show folk on www.thewhippetforum.com - there is a great IG section on there :cheers:

Welcome. We have 4 Ig's ourslves but don't show. Started with just one but they are very addictive. Would love to see some pics.

Hi Sarah

Welcome to K9, we've just got our first iggy and live in Bracknell. She's 10weeks old and is called sophie. would love to meet up with the dogs when you get yours home.

Jo C xxx

Thanks everyone, can't wait until she comes home..so many adventures planned!! Will see if I can add some pics and of her pups too x

490354252211_0_BG.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2791.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

Hi Jo, can't wait to meet Sophie, Isla will love having a new play mate! Great that your so near too. x

Hi Sarah
Welcome to K9, we've just got our first iggy and live in Bracknell. She's 10weeks old and is called sophie. would love to meet up with the dogs when you get yours home.

Jo C xxx

thats a brilliant idea! Can you bring dogs to Crufts as well..obviously you can to show them, but I was wondering about bringing her to meet other IGs??

Hiya, and welcome to K9, you'll find plenty of Iggy people here who will point you in the right direction, or even show people who would be happy to advise. There's also a few from Reading on here.
Would love to see some pics when she gets here, and Crufts is coming up soon, maybe you could come along and meet some Iggy people there.

Thanks everyone, can't wait until she comes home..so many adventures planned!! Will see if I can add some pics and of her pups too x
Love that pic with the ears, and the one with her round your neck :teehee: She is beautiful :wub:

thats a brilliant idea! Can you bring dogs to Crufts as well..obviously you can to show them, but I was wondering about bringing her to meet other IGs??

No you can't take unentered dogs to Crufts.

But there will be some lovely dogs there to see and their lovely owners too of course!! :thumbsup:

Isla's lovely and gorgeous little puppies too, I'm planned to go up to Crufts on the toy day to see the Iggy's. I've never been before. When will your Iggy be home??

Jo xxx

She is gorgeous ...... bet you can't wait until she is home.

Love the photo with the ears ...... Billy's do that sometimes too :blink:

Isla's lovely and gorgeous little puppies too, I'm planned to go up to Crufts on the toy day to see the Iggy's. I've never been before. When will your Iggy be home??
Jo xxx
should be home end of jan/start of feb. Will have to look up the dates for crufts, would love to go and see the igs!

Toy day is Friday 6th March, which is great because I have fridays off work, I have a blog of sophie if you want to check it out, http://livingwithsophie.blogspot.com/
jo xx
Sophie is gorgeous, can't wait for a play day for them both, they are going to have so much fun. Did you find a local supplier for warm things yet? Isla is def going to hate the cold after living in the caribbean! She got really good at peeing outside too, but she's been in a kennel with a big outdoor pen since she had the pups, so going to be strange re-training for living in a UK household.

That crufts day is when I'm at med school, but might have to be ill that day:) exma sfor the next two weeks so better go study!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back