The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lotions And Potions

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
powdered arrowroot for the runs, tablespoon ful in milk 3 times a day, works a treat.

puree spinach and pour it on the food for dogs with itchy skin, the more they will take the better.

tea (without milk or sugar :p ) for infected eyes

calendula powder is excellent for drying up and healing wounds

kris said:
if youve got  a pup teething and are going to  a show and his ears are all over the place then rub bonjela for babies teething gel on their gums the night before a show.by morning his ears will have settled back down.brylcreem anti dandruff for men is great if youve got a scurfy coat especially if its a black dog.

liverine unction is great for bald patches on ears,tail or thighs.

potassium permanganate crystals for dewclawing pups or a cut thats bleeding freely

mum thats my favourite couple of tips too. bonjela and liverine unction. though it didnt help Colts thighs and theyre going the same way again this year :(

Fleesh said:
Ecchinacea tablets to keep the nasty infections at bay.Mine have one tablet once a week, more if they've got a deep cut etc. and had to visit the vet to be glued, stitched etc.

I have Echinacea & Raspberry tea when i fancy a change from green tea :))

ohh you reminded me john abaout

Cornucresin (horses hoof ointment) it helps grown helathy strong nails, and stimulates the hair growth on bald bits

also,

Devils claw for pain relief

& Like Ice, Tight Ice, (etc etc) for use on tired legs

Witch hazel for bruising

Dog poo mixed with vaseline is bang on for chapped lips :thumbsup:

It definately stops you from licking your lips :x

stormydog said:
mum  thats my favourite couple of tips too. bonjela and liverine unction. though it didnt help Colts thighs and theyre going the same way again this year  :(
Think I remember discussing this with you John. ;)

milly said:
Dog poo mixed with vaseline is bang on for chapped lips :thumbsup: It definately stops you from licking your lips :x

ROFLMAO!! (w00t)

(w00t) A recent one that i ,ve heard about, not sure if it works is pile cream on nails after you have cut them to make the quirk's go back, only if you have a dog with very long nails.

Makes sense i suppose. :p Diane.

pepa said:
what a realy good thread .

pepa got stung last summer and had a bad reacection her face swelled up she looked like a boxer bless her the e mergency vet told me to give her a fun peraton tablet it worked a treat but is there any thing else more natural I could have given her?

A few years ago whilst at an agility show, Hebe stuck her nose into a wasps nest in the base of a tree. she backed out very quickly & had obviously been stung a few times :( i sprayed her whole face with Aloe Vera spray I also gave her some Apis homoeopathic treatment. Within an hour she was back competing with no ill effects at all.

gabbitas31 said:
(w00t) A recent one that i ,ve heard about, not sure if it works is pile cream on nails after you have cut them to make the quirk's go back, only if you have a dog with very long nails.

Makes sense i suppose. :p Diane.

Must try that on Rafferty, his nails grow very quickly & get very long. I just cut them a couple of days ago but will trim them again soon & try this.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back