The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lowther Game & Country Fair

i give up---- wakes up this morning to get ready for lowther, took dogs out and notices ronnie limping, checked him over , hes got a little strain on his tricept muscle, the same one he hurt before shanes castle , why is it the slower dogs never get injuries, it really gets to you , i was looking forward to the racing again today

i give up---- wakes up this morning to get ready for lowther, took dogs out and notices ronnie limping, checked him over , hes got a little strain on his tricept muscle, the same one he hurt before shanes castle , why is it the slower dogs never get injuries, it really gets to you , i was looking forward to the racing again today

As they say Den; "Sods Law"

I take it from your post that you went yesterday! How did you get on?

As they say Den; "Sods Law"
I take it from your post that you went yesterday! How did you get on?
ronnie ran beat cracker in the heat , by the closest of margins may i add , was well pleased , but missed the slip in the final , troy won it , but hopefully ronnie will be back trying for revenge lol

was a great line up of dogs for overs , run brilliantly again, the crew take a pat on the back

Wondered where you'd got to den, sorry to hear about Ronnie but as you say a great lineup of dogs we were well pleased when Jade got reserve to Troy in the final

see you soon

Sonia

Wondered where you'd got to den, sorry to hear about Ronnie but as you say a great lineup of dogs we were well pleased when Jade got reserve to Troy in the final

see you soon

Sonia

We had a brill weekend.Cracker did us proud,as did Finn.We got reserve to Troy on Sunday,and Finn got a 3rd.

Ted got through to the semis in Coursing.

A big thankyou to all of The Coursing Crew ,for a superb weekend.

Amanda and the pack.xx

Not long back from Lowther, what a beautiful place! Any one who lives up there, you are lucky!

Sorry to hear about Ronnie, you were both missed yesterday!

There was such a lot of superb dogs that went trough the rings over the weekend & we saw some great racing!

I have some racing results with me to post up, but Helen has the show results

saturday

simo champ "Marnie" - Mr Olivern Simo reserve "Storm" - I Fisher

hurdles champ "Max" - M Hill hurdles reserve "Storm" - I Fisher

unders 1st "Torin" - M Orr 2nd "LF Jimmy" - C Masters 3rd "Tex" - I Fisher

overs 1st "Troy" - M Hill 2nd "Jade" - I Braithwaite 3rd "Ronnie" - S Bell

pups 1st "Big Boy" - M Long

terriers 1st "Gypsy" - J Fisher

sunday

simo champ "Begw" - M Williams simo reserve "Mick" - J Smith

hurdles champ "Storm" - I Fisher hurdles reserve "Max" - M Hill

unders 1st "Faolon" - M Orr 2nd "LF Jimmy" - C Masters 3rd "Finn" - P Slater

overs 1st "Troy" - M Hill 2nd "Cracker" - P Slater 3rd "Jade I Braithwaite

terriers "Gypsy" - J Fisher

Thats all for now! Am going for a lie down! thanks to all competitors for their great sportsmanship & well done to all winners. :thumbsup:

Not long back from Lowther, what a beautiful place! Any one who lives up there, you are lucky!Sorry to hear about Ronnie, you were both missed yesterday!

There was such a lot of superb dogs that went trough the rings over the weekend & we saw some great racing!

saturday

sunday

Thats all for now! Am going for a lie down! thanks to all competitors for their great sportsmanship & well done to all winners. :thumbsup:
well done to maggie 2 wins in the unders did anyone take aphoto of her ,

Not long back from Lowther, what a beautiful place! Any one who lives up there, you are lucky!Sorry to hear about Ronnie, you were both missed yesterday!

saturday

sunday

well done to maggie 2 wins in the unders did anyone take aphoto of her ,
Hi Sue,

Yep,Deb took piccies of Maggi on both her days of glory.

Could,nt happen to a nicer person.

Amanda..x

We had a brill weekend.Cracker did us proud,as did Finn.We got reserve to Troy on Sunday,and Finn got a 3rd.Ted got through to the semis in Coursing.

Amanda and the pack.xx
amanda, finn going to be just as good as cracker i think , :luck: :luck: with him

see you soon

Sonia

sonia to say i was gutted on sunday morning was no the right word, devestated more like, but he's young he'll be back , stronger, faster , better I HOPE, no worries see you all soon enough

I am sure the slower dogs do get injuries, but when a win isnt on the cards an owner might be more likely to give the dog adequate time to recover and stop a niggle becoming something more serious. Having an unfancied dog certainly takes the pressure off !!

Fingers crossed Ronnie makes a swift recovery.

Caroline :)

Glad you all had a good time and well done to all the winners and everyone else who took part.

Special well done to Maggi and the boys. Look forward to the pics.

I am sure the slower dogs do get injuries, but when a win isnt on the cards an owner might be more likely to give the dog adequate time to recover and stop a niggle becoming something more serious. Having an unfancied dog certainly takes the pressure off !!

Fingers crossed Ronnie makes a swift recovery.

Caroline :)
cheers caroline--- i have slower dogs yes they get injured too , but it sucks all the same, mind i think i'd have needed a fresh dog to beat troy anyway

Big well done to Amanda and her crew :thumbsup: and to Maggie and her 2 :thumbsup: especially Faolan.My little mate Mickey will be proud as punch :thumbsup: Yvonne will be too ;)

We had a brill weekend.Cracker did us proud,as did Finn.We got reserve to Troy on Sunday,and Finn got a 3rd.Ted got through to the semis in Coursing.

Amanda and the pack.xx
A Big well done amanda and pete i here Loui is coming on a treat and hes the one to be watching next year :thumbsup:

and so right it should your both great people with cracking dogs.......hope to see you soon

sarah :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: well done to all the winners ,,,, well done maria with troy ,,,,maggi with her to boys also well done daddy mike with big boy nice won :thumbsup:

Amanda and the pack.xx
amanda, finn going to be just as good as cracker i think , :luck: :luck: with him
Think you mean Louis Stewart,Finn is my old little unders dog.Thats a lovely thing to say though,thankyou,

i appreciate it :thumbsup:

Hope Ronnie is back and running soon,you know we like him,Pete said he will leave his mark on the overs

scene when he saw him race at Selby.

Amanda..xxxx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back