The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lucky Escape!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Oh my how frightening (w00t)

Glad Archie survived sending him :huggles: :huggles:

Julie

Lots of hugs and kisses to Archie. :wub:

What on earth was he thinking of? :eek:

'Now....what can I get up to? Great someone left the door open, Oh, and the window, oh it's nice and high up here, I'll just climb out onto the ledge, look at that it's quite a drop,I know I'll jump onto the prickly and unstable bush and then drop 18 feet to the ground...'

Didnt Dessie's Rupert fall about the same height a while back. He wasnt badly injured either from what I can remember.

Bouning whippets :blink:

He's acting weird..........lots of panting. I think he is the most neurotic dog I have ever met :wacko:

Oh Archie please don't do it ever again. Poor you Jo I can't imagine what it must have been like for you. He needs to read the bit that says please do not try this at home. :huggles: to both of you and another one :huggles: for Archie.

Jenny

Joanna said:
He's acting weird..........lots of panting. I think he is the most neurotic dog I have ever met :wacko:
Keep an eye on him Jo,hopefully it's just delayed shock,if in doubt,get him back to the vets QUICK!

Thanks all...he is behaving oddly. he has just had a right go at Fynn and drawn blood on his nose.......Door is shut and I am taking one or t'other to bed now for calming,,,,,,,

OMG :eek: just read this, hope he is OK, poor lad must be in shock :(

i don't know how many speeding tickets i would pick up if i got a call like that,

my lad Alfie tried a similar stunt a couple of times after i first got him, i was out but fortunately my mum was in, she caught him wriggling out of a top opening window upstairs and just managed to grab his back feet in time and pull him back in, we got him a girlfriend soon after that to take his mind off me being out :lol:

poor Archie :( still he was very lucky :eek: :eek: lots of :huggles: :huggles: and :* :*

Glad to hear he's (more or less) ok. I've often thought, while looking at my little quivering wreck watching squirrels or muntjac through the window, 'thank God he can't open it!', otherwise we'd have been in the same position umpteen times by now.

:luck: :luck: :luck:

moriarte said:
Glad to hear he's (more or less) ok. I've often thought, while looking at my little quivering wreck watching squirrels or muntjac through the window, 'thank God he can't open it!', otherwise we'd have been in the same position umpteen times by now.
:luck:   :luck:   :luck:

I'll never forget the day Maisie realised that although there's a reflection in the window at dusk, if she peers really hard she can see the rabbits grazing in the field next door ... she almost knocked herself out ... :lol:

:( dear me, poor Archie, he probably gave himself such a shock, it's just hitting him now, hope he's ok tomorrow when he's calmed down a bit :huggles:

OMG I've just caught up with this are you sure archie wasn't a cat in his past life he definatley must have nine lives thats a long drop :sweating:

So glad he's ok, and I hope he had got over the shock now and is back to his old self :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Archie seems OK today, I think he is sore as Fynn jumped up at him and he yelped. I have given him Rymadyl (sp)?, and hopefully this will take the edge off of his bruising. We are off to Frampton Show, and he will hopefully be OK for his little showing class. If not, the car is going to be by the ring, and he can lie on the duvet in the back and be fussed by other K9'ers. Fynn's nose injury is looking better today too.

Yes, windows and kids...............Kid told to shut doors upstairs, kid didn't follow instructions, whippet out of window....Lesson learnt all round :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the well wishes and I hope my experience will prevent it happening to any of your lot :D

PS. Auntie Rae is lending us Leia's Bioflow collar for the week :thumbsup: Cheers mate :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
(w00t) just catching up with days of K9 and can't believe that Archie made it away from a fall like that without serious injury. Blessed dog!! Thank goodness he's okay. That phone call from your neighbour must have been horrible :(

Hope you have a great time at Frampton :thumbsup: with lots of fusses and K9 cuddles :huggles:

WOW Joanna bet that gave you a fright :sweating: Glad he's ok and hope he's not too sore :huggles: :huggles:

He is a gorgeous boy :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
~Helen~ said:
(w00t) just catching up with days of K9 and can't believe that Archie made it away from a fall like that without serious injury. Blessed dog!! Thank goodness he's okay. That phone call from your neighbour must have been horrible :(
Hope you have a great time at Frampton :thumbsup: with lots of fusses and K9 cuddles :huggles:

That neighbour phoned whilst I was trying on a pair of jeans....I was bottomless. It was horrific. He seems Ok, this evening, but a bit stiff and tired. I am glad we took him out, he gets so neurotic without distraction.

OMG Joanna, just caught up with this - Archie is one lucky dog!! Lots of :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: to him and hope he feels much better soon. :huggles:

I remember years ago a Great Dane falling out of a first floor window (w00t) - his owners lived above their shop, and he jumped onto the sofa, which flipped over backwards and shot hm out of the window straight onto the pavement in front of the shop! :sweating: :eek: :sweating: :oops:

Fortunately he didn't land on anyone as at 10 stone he would probably have killed them, and although he had a ruptured diaphragm and a tear in his liver, he did go on to make a full recovery! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back