The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Ludlow Show

mao

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We went to the Ludlow show yesterday with the lurcher gang, they all did quite well with places & a couple of 1sts :cheers: but more importantly I wanted to say what a nice friendly & well organised show it was. You don't need to keep winning champs etc to have a good time, the other people there made the day. No bitching or storming off fom the ring/show because they didn't get a rosette. Well done to the ones who did win or were placed :thumbsup: & to the eventual champions :cheers: Needless to say we'll be back again next year.

Nearly forgot to say there was the occasional unscheduled entertainment from the horse side of the show (w00t) :lol: :lol: :oops:

Glad that you had such a good day :D I was wondering whether to come to that one, thought that it was rather a long way away but it looks like it was fun. However I did enjoy giving Esme a go at a companion show and I was able to chicken out of the rain and do the fun show classes at Rockingham.

Also have to say I did feel a bit like storming out yesterday as I felt the judge didn't even look at Nana. I have no problem losing fairly (and I have been doing a lot of that this year), but I don't like not being given a chance :( .

I can sympathise with you're feelings re Nana, Ive experienced it quite a few times with Bic & Tarn, there still seems to be a bias against white dogs. The judges tend to give them a cursory look over. It supposedly dates back to poaching days. Watching judging at some shows they won't place a white coloured dog at all, I've seen some really nice ones disregarded which is a shame. I think merle owners also have similar problems. Colour should never come into the equasion only confirmation etc. Coloured dogs can race & work as well as brindles & blacks :cheers: I also think there maybe 1 or 2 top class white greyhounds/whippets around :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not saying that it's all judges who do this just the ones who switch off as soon as they see a white dog -_-

Sunday at Ludlow great, Saturday at Sandringham, well that's another story :angry: & another post topic. I enjoyed the equine entertainment as well :lol: Yeah I see yer point re white/coloured dogs, I have seen some decent ones turfed out.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back