The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lurchers

Lynn-Alexandria

Grand Master Undead Fighter
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Thought Id start a thread about the types of cross your lurchers are. My lurcher zak is collie, whippet, grey. Whats yours?

Zaksitting2.jpg

Heres a pic of my boy Zak.

[/img]this is cane and charlie, cane is a whippet cross bedlington crossed with a greyhound. charlie is a bedlington cross greyhound, cane is just under two and charlie is just over two,filename_01.jpg

filename_03.jpg

filename_02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know what cross either of mine are as they are both rescues. We think Hebe has a lot of whippet in her , possibly a bit of collie & who knows what else.

And Scrumpy could be whippetXbeddy maybe?

J.T. said:
I dont know what cross either of mine are as they are both rescues. We think Hebe has a lot of whippet in her , possibly a bit of collie & who knows what else.
hy jt

good to see little hebe again !! shes a great dog !!

john

This is 'Cody' he is whippet (Laguna) x Bedlington Terrier (Gutch Common)

Cody_on_his_walk.jpg

stormydog said:
J.T. said:
hy jt

good to see little hebe again !! shes a great dog !!

john

Thanks John, she's my dog in a million. Love her to bits :wub: :wub: :wub:

Scrumpy is one derned cute pup :wub:

Shall I add mine ?

Right then, who wants to see MY babies?

IM001660.jpg

IM001662.jpg

They are Rosie, 9 year old Bedlington x whippet, who stands about 23" and her son, Basil, who is by an irish terrier x greyhound. Basil is 28", 6 years old and the father of Zair, amongst others on here. Both Rosie and Basil are usually a little more hirsute, but I had clipped them in the summer because of the heat, so here they look quite tidy.

:wub: Lovely dog pics :wub:

I love a scruffy lurcher :huggles:

I was told Ben is a whippet x, with what I don't know.

DSCF0968.jpg

DSCF1010.jpg

GSD has been suggested cos of the ears & tan undercoat on his neck.

Dave.

i once had a lurcher that was- dam=whippet (racing bred) sire= american pit bull x greyhound

he looked like a large whippet with bull terrier eyes- gorgeous, he was also black and white parti, a real darling :wub:

Tess is a 19 1/2 " 3/4 whippet, 1/8 grey and 1/8 beddie, she is 2 and half and weighs 26lb

Tessinthewater.jpg

Novportraits022.jpg

Tessienose.jpg

Tessfit.jpg

Tessiebeautiful.jpg

Prideofthepeaksracing003.jpg

tessandnanastanding008.jpg

Tessnanagan004.jpg

Nana is a rescue, but we think she is 1/2 whippet and 1/2 grey, she is coming up to three and is 22" and 41lb

Nanastanding0403.jpg

Nanacoming.jpg

Nanastandingjan06.jpg

Nanahead.jpg

Prideofthepeaksracing004.jpg

nana.jpg

Nanatrack.jpg

Josephine is also a rescue but we know that she is a 17th month line bred whippet X beardie X grey with the proportions roughly 3/4 1/8 1/8, she is 22 1/2 " and roughly 35lb

Josierunning.jpg

Josephineandtrophy.jpg

Josephine.jpg

JosephineFeb06.jpg

josie.jpg

Josie.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back