The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lurchers

maggymills said:
i once had a lurcher that was- dam=whippet (racing bred) sire= american pit bull x greyhound
he looked like a large whippet with bull terrier eyes- gorgeous, he was also black and white parti, a real darling  :wub:

If you have any pics Maggie that would be awsome. Sounds like a gorgeous dog. :))

My friend has a Beardie x Greyhound. She a red brindle with a wirey coat andhas traits of both breeds. She trys to herd other dogs and if they run she will course them, I must admit though that I tend to catch mine if she is off lead as she gets a bit too much for them especially Bradley who she has brought down before. I am not having that. Other than that she is a lovely animal and very friendly and is only doing what she is bred for!

no i dont sorry- we had him a long time ago. he was a sweetie tho :wub:

mine are deerhound cross

the_dogs_02.jpg

My chloes a deerhound/greyhound cross, the daftest dog ive ever had

I've got a whippet x beddy called Inca who's almost 3 and a whippet (Oscars Pride) x Greyhound (top honcho x droopy,s hank) who's 11 weeks old :wub:

Incabeach3.JPG

ArentILucky.JPG

J.T. said:
And Scrumpy could be whippetXbeddy maybe?
scrumpy looks like a wheaton terrier x whippet

my uncle has a wheaton terrier x grayhound ..thay look the same apart from the size

:thumbsup:

Josephine is sooooooooo lovely OEH :wub: :wub: .... she's what my mum would describe as a dog's dog!

My cousin's lurcher Whisper is saluki/beardie x grey/deerhound

She looks like a small blue coated deerhound - but is silky like a saluki

and daft as a very daft brush indeed!

Artie, 6 months old - 'son' of Basil pictured earlier and Sox who is a beautiful greyhound. He is just over 6 months old and about 27ins to shoulder

kate & Ifti

artie_march_06_008.jpg

katep1 said:
Artie, 6 months old - 'son' of Basil pictured earlier and Sox who is a beautiful greyhound. He is just over 6 months old and about 27ins to shoulder
kate & Ifti

Now I have mastered this photo lark here is one of my favourites of Artie taken a month ago

22_February_2006_RHB_Scarborough_113.jpg

Aw Kate, out of all the pictures I have seen of Basils babies, Artie is the one who looks most like him at that age. I keep meaning to get old photos out of the loft to show people, but STILL havent got round to it. Keep the pictures coming ....Artie is adorable :wub:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back