• Saluki x

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deerhound x

• Bedlington x

• Wheaten x

• Combination of said x's (please specify)

• Other (please specify)

• Total voters

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
sighthoundlover said:
Just want to know what cross is most popular.  :D
I have a mixed gang of lurchers, my initial preference was for a deerhound cross to replace Flyn a lovely 2nd cross deerhound who I lost after a stroke but there wasnt any about at the time so I ended up with a Beddie cross( before my husband could change his mind re getting another lurcher.) :- "

I now have my 1st cross deerhound, another Beddie plus 4smoothies with varying degrees of greyhound, whippet, collie and a few dashes of ???????

Taz is a rescue so I don't know his breeding. Definitely Saluki in there, but I don't think he is a straight Saluki/Greyhound - he's not quite fine boned or 'leggy' enough to be a longdog. Maybe a bit of collie in the mix somewhere, but whatever he is he's a very handsome dog with a beautiful nature.

CWP_Walk2.jpg

Meg is a much more unusual cross, whippet x (we think) border terrier, so strictly speaking a 'whirrier' rather than a lurcher - but a fabulous little dog whatever she is!

Meglet.jpg

my cousin's lurcher Whisper (new found friend of Dij!)

is

saluki x grey X beardie x grey

and she's blummin lovely!

whisper_small_2.jpg

View attachment 34762

Last edited by a moderator:
mabel is 3/4 whippet 1/8 bedlington 1/8 italian greyhound, 19 inches, best dog i could wish for , she is a home bred too

mabel_running.jpg

mabel_andy_photo.jpg

THIS IS MY BULLX MARLEY WORKS DAY/NIGHT

AND AS TAKEN ALL QUARRY BEFORE THE BAN :D

paper.jpg

New here have two lurchers and a long dog.

Gizmo - (Rescued) Saluki / Whippet x Grey 24.2kilos

Tiggy - 10th Gen norfolk 20.3kilos

Shadow - Greyhound x Lurcherx 27.9 Kilos

Also fostering a retired worker 3/4 grey 1/4 sbt. All pets come workers except the foster.

Hi,

Mine is a bit of an unknown, because she came from a rescue with limited known background. We were told her mother was a Bedlington, and the father was a 'lurcher', but we have no idea how truthful this was, because she had been rescued from a puppy farm.

I'm not even 100% sure I'd classify her as a lurcher... she's not very pointy nosed. Her saving grace is that, when she's wet, she sure looks skinny enough to be a lurcher. :D She's very compact, weighing in at only 13Kg at 15 months old.

Wayne

summer1.JPG

teenybeaky.jpg

Any idea what my Saluki X is?

I know the Saluki bit but the other half is a mystery to me :blink:

(Hello Lurch nice to see you here 8) )

I have

Lupin who is half whippet x quarter beddie + rest grey with a touch of collie in her eyes

Zephyr is half collie x lurcher (whippy grandpa + grey & think a smidge of beddie)

Both are totally scrummy! :)

If technology hasn't thwarted my pics, then this is my 1/4 collie x 1/4 jack rusell x 1/2 whippet bitch, Baiman. She is six now, but still as playfull as ever.

I am curently looking for a dog pup to keep her company :huggles: and chase some flopsies with her, as she has been somewhat withdrawn since her life long partner Bassie died earlier this year. If you know any one who can help, then we'd love to hear from you! :D

Baiman + Paul

After intending to take a Road trip up North to see Jeff for one of his pups, the decision was taken out of my hands! :rant: Nuff said about that!

Anyway... my choice or not, he's absolutly crackin :D ("he" doesn't have a name yet)

Baiman wasn't sure at first, but chased off my mates german shepherd in a rather motherly style today, just for having a sniff!

Just what the doctor ordered I think. Baiman has really come out of her shell again these past few days. It's really heart warming not to see her moping around like a depressed gothic teenager.

I'm sure we'll have loads of fun together and of course, my daughter is extatic.

Paul

iPals.jpg

Hello every one we are the proud owners of whippet greyhound x bedlington

Jayne

harryjay said:
Hi, We have a whippet/Greyhound. 17 weeks old, 20" at shoulder and about 21lb.

(Not a lurcher if you're a purist, but it's near enough for government work)

Do like your merles.

here is my deerhound/greyhound/beddy/whippetr/collie

zak.JPG

Crystal said:
Hi - my lurcher is  deerhoundxfoxterrier (very deerhoundy dad) and whippetxgreyhound mum and she is smooth coated. She was from a littter of 11 and some were rough coated and some smooth. She is 25" at the shoulder.and she has a super temperament very laid back and quite obedient.Sue

COULD YOU CLARIFY THE DEERHOUNDXFOXTERRIER A WEE BIT PLEASE VERY CONFUSING,TRYING TO WORK OUT HOW THE MATING HAPPENED.NOT TRYING TO SAY IT DIDNT .BUT STILL, VERY CONFISING.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back