The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lurcherworld League Standings

sky

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have update the league table after the 3 days racing at Thame.

Hope everyone enjoyed it apart from the FFREEZING weather.

Well done to all who braved the weather!! :))

LEAGUE_TABLES.htm

Attachments

• LEAGUE_TABLES.htm
    15.1 KB · Views: 147
Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbsup: Thanks for that Sky, Maggie's leg is fine,( I said Steve shouldn't off pulled her out in the semi finals) :- "oh well, I had a really great weekend :lol: :lol: and the dogs enjoyed them selves. (w00t) (w00t) :thumbsup: Diane.

Brought this topic up,cause I have a question :lol:

Will only the dogs in the league tables qualify for the respective finals at Lurcherworld Finals,or is the finals still open to anyone who wins an event?

:D Karen

rodders said:
Brought this topic up,cause I have a question :lol:
Will only the dogs in the league tables qualify for the respective finals at Lurcherworld Finals,or is the finals still open to anyone who wins an event?

:D Karen

Hi Karen, yes only the dogs in the league table will qualify. Best to explain by example.

The overall points leader following Sandringham gamefair on 13th and 14th September in the simulated Coursing league will receive £200, Perpetual shield, presentation Jacket and the Superleague Simulated Coursing title. This will be presented at Belvoir Castle.

Point places 2 - 33 in the simulated coursing league (32 dogs) will be invited to the simulated coursing final. (This excludes the point leader from the final) The winner of the final will receive £100, and Trophy. The reserve of the final will receive £50 and Trophy.

Under 23" Straight is a seperate competition and will run the same.

The Over 23" Straight is a seperate competition and will run the same.

Whilst we cannot say for definate, one 1st place win on any race day should qualify for the final, in any of the events.

Hope this makes things a bit clearer. We have increased the number of dogs who will be invited to the final from 16 to 32 in order to give everyone a chance at the final.

thanks for posting that dorne. that clarifies it for me anyway :thumbsup:

john...nice but dim and the pointy faced dogs of which the monkey-like one is playing outside on somebodys bike :eek:

(w00t) Clear as mud to me Dorne, :teehee: but then I'm not in the running with my two anyway :thumbsup: Diane

Thanks for the reply Dorne :thumbsup: Something new for this years competitors :thumbsup: and good to see that for folk who can't do every show they can still qualify by winning once.Well Done Lurcherworld :thumbsup: :D

rodders said:
Thanks for the reply Dorne :thumbsup: Something new for this years competitors :thumbsup: and good to see that for folk who can't do every show they can still qualify by winning once.Well Done Lurcherworld :thumbsup:   :D
so the dogs that won the comps last year dont get an automatic qualifier then

i think i did when i won the 2006 finals,but i also won several others in 2007

markbrick said:
i wont hold my breath on that one mark its like last year they were asking people not to race there dogs all the time if they were winning now they are encouraging it

storm68 said:
markbrick said:
i wont hold my breath on that one mark its like last year they were asking people not to race there dogs all the time if they were winning now they are encouraging it

Sorry last years winners must qualify again as this is a new competition with a new structure. Anyone with a lurcher who was asked not to race last year please get in touch, it's a new one on us.

mrs d said:
storm68 said:
markbrick said:

Sorry last years winners must qualify again as this is a new competition with a new structure. Anyone with a lurcher who was asked not to race last year please get in touch, it's a new one on us.

there were two dogs that i know of the couple with the blue dog 'dillon'and also 'billy grey'or have you forgotton them! they maynot have access to this service to reply.

storm68 said:
mrs d said:
storm68 said:
markbrick said:

there were two dogs that i know of the couple with the blue dog 'dillon'and also 'billy grey'or have you forgotton them! they maynot have access to this service to reply.

Billy Gray is a Terrier and was our mascot, he was asked to stop competing as he was part of the Lurcherworld racing team, attended every show, wore a lurcherworld jacket, tie, hat, and was winning every terrier race. People are first to complain when a member of the team attempts to show there dog never mind win. As far as we are aware Dillon was never asked to stop competing by anyone. In fact they only attended one or two shows last year and they definately entered the racing.

mrs d said:
storm68 said:
mrs d said:
storm68 said:
markbrick said:

Billy Gray is a Terrier and was our mascot, he was asked to stop competing as he was part of the Lurcherworld racing team, attended every show, wore a lurcherworld jacket, tie, hat, and was winning every terrier race. People are first to complain when a member of the team attempts to show there dog never mind win. As far as we are aware Dillon was never asked to stop competing by anyone. In fact they only attended one or two shows last year and they definately entered the racing.

Would like to add that not once when George and I attended Lurcherworlds shows back in 2004 ( (w00t) that long ago :lol: ) with Rodders were we asked not to race him.We were made very welcome :thumbsup: by all at Lurcherworld :D Karen

are the superleague standings on here aftr monmouth?ithought i saw them somewhere but cant find them now

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back