The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lure Coursing/gathering In North Yorkshire

Pennymeadow Whippets

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
[SIZE=14pt]The UK Working Whippet Club will be holding a 32 dog open Lure Coursing Stake on the 4th October & there will also be a gathering of whippet folk where im sure you will all be able to put names to faces & talk whippets in the beautiful Yorkshire Countryside this event will be held at. [/SIZE]

The School House Inn

Low Marishes

Malton

North Yorkshire

YO17 6RJ

http://www.schoolhouseinn.co.uk/index.htm

[SIZE=14pt]Entry is £10 per whippet to book in your dog PM myself or Nigel.[/SIZE]

Nigel & Tanya have spoken with Andrea Barr Secretary of the EAWCC & she will be adding a mention in the EAWCC news letter to encourage EAWCC members to support this event as a donation from the money raised will be made to The Countryside Alliance to support their efforts to repeal the Hunting Act.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a brilliant event in prospect. Well done. If I wasn't banned,i'd enter (w00t)

IS THIS ONLY FOR PED WHIPPETS OR CAN ANYONE JOIN IN THE FUN :thumbsup:

storm1 said:
IS THIS ONLY FOR PED WHIPPETS OR CAN ANYONE JOIN IN THE FUN  :thumbsup:
The Lure Coursing event is Just for KC Reg Whippets but everyone will be welcome & all will have a great day & support a very worthy cause at the same time. :thumbsup:

Anyone after a bit of Photo practise come on down :thumbsup:

Pennymeadow Whippets said:
lamping man said:
Sounds like a brilliant event in prospect. Well done. If I wasn't banned,i'd enter (w00t)
Your entry would be as valued as any other sporting whippet owner. ;)

OMG its tempting. But ,to feel part of the event emotionally and physically I would need to know than my ban had been rescinded and I was forever welcome in the broader lure coursing fold. Cheek by jowel with the very best :thumbsup:

OMG its tempting. But ,to feel part of the event emotionally and physically I would need to know than my ban had been rescinded and I was forever welcome in the broader lure coursing fold. Cheek by jowel with the very best :thumbsup:

You were never banned from the UK Working Whippet Club that im aware but i will bring a local pillow biter that will make you feel emotionally and physically welcomed back in to the Lure Coursing fold. :thumbsup:

lamping man said:
lamping man said:

Oh for goodness sake its a few dogs running round a field after a plastic bag .....I could never imagine anyone being capable of being banned from such an event :wacko: .....Though I must say Chris wouldn't it put all of this to rest if you just entered your dogs ?? -_-

Sorry guys youll have to count us out of this one unfortunately :(

We have to be in Blackburn the weekend before and we are going to Spain the week after and we just cant do everything.

Have a brilliant time we will be there at Durham and hopefully get to the next one after Yorkshire. :cheers:

Strike Whippets said:
lamping man said:
lamping man said:

Oh for goodness sake its a few dogs running round a field after a plastic bag .....I could never imagine anyone being capable of being banned from such an event :wacko: .....Though I must say Chris wouldn't it put all of this to rest if you just entered your dogs ?? -_-

Hannah. now you know that I hang on to your every word. Even though my pen is poised, I do need to know that I am welcome in the fold that is the greater lure coursing arena and that all of my perceived sins are now expunged and I can stand tall with the very best :huggles:

lamping man said:
Strike Whippets said:
lamping man said:
lamping man said:

Hannah. now you know that I hang on to your every word. Even though my pen is poised, I do need to know that I am welcome in the fold that is the greater lure coursing arena and that all of my perceived sins are now expunged and I can stand tall with the very best :huggles:

Chris, I'm glad you have seen me for the knowledgeable Goddess I am :clown: ...So yes you hang as much as you like on my words lol ..... but really after all that has gone on, and all of your challenges, wouldn't it just make sense to bring it all to a closure once and for all ?? ....... Off to prime my crap hill sprinting cons winner as we speak ..... :lol:

jinx and rubys mum said:
Sorry guys youll have to count us out of this one unfortunately  :(
We have to be in Blackburn the weekend before and we are going to Spain the week after and we just cant do everything.

Have a brilliant time we will be there at Durham and hopefully get to the next one after Yorkshire. :cheers:

Have a top time in spain don't drink to much save it for the travelling dog circus :cheers:

Well I can see merit in Hannah's arguement and view point. Hannah is the benchmark for all my opinions and protestations as many of you will know. Now, returning to the nitty gritty and have you all read about SOLO? I do need to know that I am nurtured and needed within the wider lure coursing fold. I owe it to Henrietta who lets face it beats everything purporting to be a running dog and together we need acceptance back into the LC fold. Can It be achieved?? Otherwise we will be condemned to winning at Wickwar and the various meetings staged by EAWCC and cluttering our house with a myriad of LC trophies that her in doors has got to dust. Now have a heart :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
jinx and rubys mum said:
Sorry guys youll have to count us out of this one unfortunately  :(

Have a top time in spain don't drink to much save it for the travelling dog circus :cheers:

I probably will come now. What a relief :thumbsup:

lamping man said:
Well I can see merit in Hannah's arguement and view point. Hannah is the benchmark for all my opinions and protestations as many of you will know. Now, returning to the nitty gritty and have you all read about SOLO? I do need to know that I am nurtured and needed within the wider lure coursing fold. I owe it to Henrietta who lets face it beats everything purporting to be a running dog and together we need acceptance back into the LC fold. Can It be achieved?? Otherwise we will be condemned to winning at Wickwar and the various meetings staged by EAWCC and cluttering our house with a myriad of LC trophies that her in doors has got to dust. Now have a heart :thumbsup:
So is that a yes your entering or what ?

lampy-1.jpg

lamping man said:

Oh Chris you do make me blush, thinking so highly of me :b :clown: ...... Dogs across the country win things that many people don't acknowledge ...but as owners we know what they have done and which dogs they have fairly beaten along the way .....but until we systematically put them out there to compete regularly, we really won't now how good they actually are ......Off to go and shoot The V Man as we speak ....bloody runner upper loser :- "

Oh Chris you do make me blush, thinking so highly of me :b :clown: ...... Dogs across the country win things that many people don't acknowledge ...but as owners we know what they have done and which dogs they have fairly beaten along the way .....but until we systematically put them out there to compete regularly, we really won't now how good they actually are ......Off to go and shoot The V Man as we speak ....bloody runner upper loser :- "

Well thats a first Strikewhippets blushing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well thats a first Strikewhippets blushing :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: .... Ha ha :lol: .....I think someones heading for a slap !!! :nuke: :p

lamping man said:
So is that a yes your entering or what ?

lampy-1.jpg

Well 8) You'd better speak to me Jeff. I am in such a sleep depriving dilemma. Should I or shouldn't I ? That is the question :eek:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back