The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lure Coursing/gathering In North Yorkshire

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Strike Whippets said:
lamping man said:
Well I can see merit in Hannah's arguement and view point. Hannah is the benchmark for all my opinions and protestations as many of you will know. Now, returning to the nitty gritty and have you all read about SOLO? I do need to know that I am nurtured and needed within the wider lure coursing fold. I owe it to Henrietta who lets face it beats everything purporting to be a running dog and together we need acceptance back into the LC fold. Can It be achieved?? Otherwise we will be condemned to winning at Wickwar and the various meetings staged by EAWCC and cluttering our house with a myriad of LC trophies that her in doors has got to dust. Now have a heart :thumbsup:

Oh Chris you do make me blush, thinking so highly of me :b :clown: ...... Dogs across the country win things that many people don't acknowledge ...but as owners we know what they have done and which dogs they have fairly beaten along the way .....but until we systematically put them out there to compete regularly, we really won't now how good they actually are ......Off to go and shoot The V Man as we speak ....bloody runner upper loser :- "

Hannah. Where are you coming from? My lot are up for ANYTHING. We don't pick and choose. If they are there then we will run against them. Do you realise what Henrietta has won? And ZORRO to a slightly lesser extent. :eek:

Well 8) You'd better speak to me Jeff. I am in such a sleep depriving dilemma. Should I or shouldn't I ? That is the question :eek:

I will hold your hand when the pillow biter has gone if you like :huggles:

I'll come. With Henrietta and ZORRO. Look forward to seeing everyone (w00t)

I'm not coming from anywhere Chris ....I know what your dogs have won because you tell us ..... I know what my dogs and pups I've bred have won because I know ...... We are all proud of our dogs and personally I really wish I'd been able to course mine as a few of them would have opened some eyes ....but hey I don't boast about them or set up challenges .....Let racing, lure coursing, showing, hill sprinting and working be fun ....We all own the best dogs at the end of the day :thumbsup: ....Though mine really are the best lol ...

Last edited by a moderator:
lamping man said:

[/quote

Look forward to seeing you there with your two . YOURS IN SPORT :thumbsup:

Hannah your spot on its all fun & should be taken that way & at the end of the day we are killing nothing more than a bag & IM SURE we will all agree that we all take the best whippets home at the end of the day :thumbsup:

Strike Whippets said:
I'm not coming from anywhere Chris ....I know what your dogs have won because you tell us ..... I know what my dogs and pups I've bred have won because I know ...... We are all proud of our dogs and personally I really wish I'd been able to course mine as a few of them would have opened some eyes ....but hey I don't boast about them or set up challenges .....Let racing, lure coursing, showing, hill sprinting and working be fun ....We all own the best dogs at the end of the day  :thumbsup: ....Though mine really are the best lol ...
Noted Hannah. But mine are the best and I have a little boy , two days old who will be so loved and who cares what he does?

Strike Whippets said:
I'm not coming from anywhere Chris ....I know what your dogs have won because you tell us ..... I know what my dogs and pups I've bred have won because I know ...... We are all proud of our dogs and personally I really wish I'd been able to course mine as a few of them would have opened some eyes ....but hey I don't boast about them or set up challenges .....Let racing, lure coursing, showing, hill sprinting and working be fun ....We all own the best dogs at the end of the day  :thumbsup: ....Though mine really are the best lol ...
Heck (w00t) I boast :D When you've seen my lot RACING you would need something to boast about too. :thumbsup:

lamping man said:
Strike Whippets said:
Noted Hannah. But mine are the best and I have a little boy , two days old who will be so loved and who cares what he does?

You are right Chris :) and I wish you well with your Tarka and Jack pup :luck: :thumbsup: ......Well be seeing you out there as my litter are only 7 weeks old and I'm keeping just the 3 :wub: :b ..... (w00t)

Strike Whippets said:
lamping man said:
Strike Whippets said:

You are right Chris :) and I wish you well with your Tarka and Jack pup :luck: :thumbsup: ......Well be seeing you out there as my litter are only 7 weeks old and I'm keeping just the 3 :wub: :b ..... (w00t)

Good news and thanks :thumbsup:

Pennymeadow Whippets said:
lamping man said:
So thats settled you have the first Two entered :thumbsup: now time to get the other 30 entered ;)

Count Digger and Hugo in for this one please Jeff.

Seems like months since they last ran - in fact thinking about it'll be nearly

six months , not that thats a softy southerner making excuses in advance - Hugo will be near enough to give a good account for himself and i've got four weeks to get the old dog in some semblance of condition.

cheers Laurie

lamping man said:
Strike Whippets said:

dont want to split hairs but as the Tina Turner song goes " simply the best" and that is Official :- " -

DSC_0011.jpg

LastRoll-51.jpg

pups available mid September :D :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
masta said:
lamping man said:
Strike Whippets said:

dont want to split hairs but as the Tina Turner song goes " simply the best" and that is Official :- " -

DSC_0011.jpg

LastRoll-51.jpg

pups available mid September :D :cheers:

Ohhhh you big show off :p ...... :luck: :luck: with the pups :thumbsup:

Raes just phoned to say we're coming up ....So you can enter Star, Supe and Vinnie please :cheers:

:oops: This is a nuisance but we will be unable to attend this event as we are doing the 4th Champs at Moreton over that weekend. Maybe the next one you put on. Hope so. Good luck to everyone :thumbsup:

six months , not that thats a softy southerner making excuses in advance - Hugo will be near enough to give a good account for himself and i've got four weeks to get the old dog in some semblance of condition.

cheers Laurie

Entered Laurie :thumbsup:

Entered Hannah :thumbsup:

Entered Lampy :thumbsup:

Entered Mimdarren :thumbsup:

Entered Runningwhippets :thumbsup:

Filling up fast ladies & Gents so be quick & don't miss the FUN :thumbsup: :luck:

lamping man said:
:oops:   This is a nuisance but we will be unable to attend this event as we are doing the 4th Champs at Moreton over that weekend. Maybe the next one you put on. Hope so. Good luck to everyone :thumbsup:

Oh no that is a shame :eek: .......but I guess it'll give some other dogs a chance of winning hey !! :- " ..... :luck: at the champs ......

cheers Laurie

Entered Laurie :thumbsup:

Entered Hannah :thumbsup:

Entered Mimdarren :thumbsup:

Entered Runningwhippets :thumbsup:

Filling up fast ladies & Gents so be quick & don't miss the FUN :thumbsup:

[SIZE=21pt]Free Camping Is Available If Required[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]There will also be a BBQ/Hot Food running through out the day[/SIZE]

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back