The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lure Coursing/gathering In North Yorkshire

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Arrangements for next Sat - First brace in slips @ 9:30 am prompt. Whippet Stake first followed by lurchers.

If you haven`t paid your entry fee yet, please let me have it asap or PM me to arrange to pay on the day.

The draw will take place on Wed 1st Oct. Any withdrawals after the draw is done forfeit their entry fee.

Hot food will be available during the day .

There will be bacon butties available when everyone arrives :thumbsup:

The Draw

16 Dog Stake

Elgedane Black Mogul Winterfell Sprite

Starvass Moonlighting High Jinx

Ebony Black Of Rabbitrunner Lady Beatrice

Fancy Flower Williamswick Cavalier

Arjuna Joe Bloggs Precious Ruby Murray

All Black and beautiful Devon Daisy

Scarlett Fair Starry Knight Lynperry Waterloo Boy

Winterfell Tinkerbell Elgedane Blue Empire

8 dog stake

Pennymeadow BlackJack Of Rabbitrunner Crackling Beauty

Greatcotes Pistol Pete Winterfell Lady Grey

Elgedane Dark Charm Spirit Of Appin

Pennymeadow Poppy Bye

Lurchers/Non ped

Tod Sally

Ellie Storm

Anyone else with lurchers or non ped whippets who would like a run please PM me or Pennymeadow

Last edited by a moderator:
Message from arron:-

"if anyone is passing near Co Durham(A1, A19, etc,etc,) on way back from saturdays meet and could please give a lift to a volunteer (bud) please let me know, thanks.He can get a lift down, but cant get back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and his assistance is most welcome."

Due to work commitments Sean and I will no longer be able to attend with Jinx and Ruby

Have fun we will be watching for results and pictures

:cheers:

Sorry to hear you won't be there Shona. I was looking forward to meeting you

Pauline

maggie217 said:
Sorry to hear you won't be there Shona. I was looking forward to meeting you

Pauline

[/quote

Pauline, Shona is a lovely friendly lady :D (but for gods sake dont take your camera - she starts dancing in front of ya :- " :- " ) just have a look at the pics I took at the Great Yorkshire show. :lol: :lol:

Tina :huggles: :thumbsup:

maggie217 said:
Sorry to hear you won't be there Shona.  I was looking forward to meeting you
Pauline

Sorry not this time Pauline :(

We dont miss many but with going on holiday next week Sean has to fit all the clients so hes working all weekend no way round it Im afraid.

We'll meet at some point Im sure

lol

xx

A great day again today, thanks to all who entered. The weather stayed dryish although was bitterly cold.Special thanks to Arron who slipped and Gary who judged . You did a great job lads. Thanks to Patrick and Jeff for driving the lure . Thanks to Matt for sorting out the field and being a great host and the 2 young lads from the farm for rethreading the lure for us on the quad, you all did a great job :cheers:

Results 16 dog stake - Winner Arjuna Joe Bloggs - Laurie Winter . Runner-up John Spears (aka Geordie) with Starvass Moonlighting

Purse

Laurie Winter - Scarlett Fair Starry Knight

8 Dog Stake

Winner - Winterfell Lady Grey - Sarah layfield

Runner-up -Spirit of Appin - Patrick Hawkins

Consolation - Greatcotes Pistol Pete - Thomas

Lurchers

Winner - Storm - Towzer

Runner up - Ellie - Mark the Moocher

No pics from me today as my batteries were flat in the camera, but no doubt others took plenty

Once again, thanks to all who took part and helped , we will most likely be running anoher event at the same venue 1st weekend in December

well done all. :cheers:

Lovely to meet Maggie and Russ's partner (sorry didnt catch ur name) :oops:

Well done to all :thumbsup: .....Looks like Laurie and Debs boys kept the Southern flag flying ;) :D

Well done to all who supported this event in the cold some top class courses were enjoyed by all well done to all the Winners & thank you to all our team without who these events could not take place. :thumbsup: :cheers:

PICS TAKEN BY RUNNINGWHIPPETS :thumbsup:

la1.jpg

la2.jpg

la3.jpg

la4.jpg

la10.jpg

la11.jpg

la12.jpg

maggiemay2 said:
well done all.  :cheers:
Lovely to meet Maggie and Russ's partner (sorry didnt catch ur name)  :oops:

Great to meet you too Sarah, and Russ & co, also Sara and Thomas.

Thanks to everyone involved, and to Matt. Had a great, if very cold day. :)

Pauline

Last edited by a moderator:
DSC00911.jpg

DSC00912.jpg

DSC00913.jpg

DSC00915.jpg

Here`s some pics of the winners recieving their trophies in the pub afterwards

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back