The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lure Coursing

The Ferret

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
E'venin all!

I have recently purchased a pedegree whippet from Sooty Sam lines. He's 13 weeks old at the moment and is settling in nicely.

I intend to use him eventually for ferreting and some lamping thrown in but am very interested in lure coursing and would be grateful if anyone knows whether there is a local club near me.

I'm located in warwick.

My boy is expected to grow to about 21". I've been looking around on T'internet at loads of sites but can't seem to find anywhere to point me in the right direction. Maybe it's me being daft!

Any ideas?

Cheers

Ferret

The BSFA often have a coursing meeting in Warwickshire. They have a website. Several people on here have gone lure coursing with them. Dessie is a good person to ask.

Welcome to K9, I hope you find somewhere you can't beat lure coursing in my oppinion, my dogs loved it, unfortunatley there is any near me anymore :(

Hi Ferret,

How is Snatch coming on? Luna is 14" 13lb , I will give her a go at racing at Oxford when the time comes, but I am more keen on the simulated coursing. I think the closest is at Newbury, but I will go up to Lincolnshire and have a day out with Darren next year.

BeeJay said:
The BSFA often have a coursing meeting in Warwickshire.  They have a website.  Several people on here have gone lure coursing with them.  Dessie is a good person to ask.
They are actually keeping all meetings in the same location nr Newbury next year, still not too far down the M40/A34

I think young dogs have to be a year old to start competing though. See you there next year perhaps?

Elizabeth

bsfa website

pics from Lloyds site

*Lesley* said:
Welcome to K9, I hope you find somewhere you can't beat lure coursing in my oppinion, my dogs loved it, unfortunatley there is any near me anymore :(
That's a real shame Lesley because you and your dogs really loved it.

It's also a shame that the BSFA are now in one place, though I understand why they've decided to it. It's a long way but I can get to Newbury so if I want to go then I can. But it isn't that easy for lots of people who'd love to lure course their dogs. Needs more clubs to open up in different areas.

Thanks OEH and Moriarte for correcting me. :thumbsup: I'd forgotten about the decision to run at Newbury.

I still do, But i'm struggling to sort some dates out that don't interfier with the new racing clubs dates.

looking into running some on Saturdays.

as soon as I sort the dates i'll let everyone know.

Cheers for the replies guys, they are all appreciated.

TANCHO- How're you doing? He's doing great guns at the moment, I'm trying to get him exposed to as much different stuff as I can but that's difficult at times as it takes quite a bit to get him out of his bed!!

I hope Luna's doing well. Darren's mentionned about popping up to him for some lureing one day, I'll let you know when if you like. It should be a good day out.

Cheers again all

Ferret

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back