The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lurecourse Holyrood Edinburgh In July

eve

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Have tried to contact a few people about this. Apparently the date is 18th July but cannot find out about entries

The last 1 at that venue was organised by the Scottish pedigree whippet racing club you can contact them though the clubs section near the bottom of the main forum page.

Does anyone have any info about this event yet?

yes its on the 18th of july its a 16 dog stake and all the places are full, i think we even have a couple of reserves :b

it should be a really good day lots to do, birds of prey, archery and im even lead to believe that for the young at heart their will be hobby horse making (w00t)

its also my little girls 6th birthday so there will be cake for anyone hanging around the coursing at lunch time lol :teehee:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Liz,

We had a really fab day. Just waiting to get the pics back from the photographer.

Im afraid I dont know the ped names but the winners are as follows;

Main stake winner - Faith (Sarah + Bob...Winterfell)

Main Stake runner up - Toddy (Eve Dickson)

Purse Stake winner - Ruby (Katie and Paul)

Purse Stake runner up - Alice ('Fletchgate Singing Suzie'....your'e badgers wee girl!)

x

I am ever so proud of my Toddy (Cleveland Express)

It was his first ever competition. he just loved it :wub:

Congratulations to the beautiful Ruby, Alice and Faith who was just too much for the Todster

Thank you to everyone who put in so much hard work to make it such a great fun day for all, most especially Nicky :huggles:

P1010308.jpg

Awwwwww Toddy :) such a lovely boy. All three dogs show a lot of promise.

It really was a great day, fab ground and brill that all the dogs came home sound with not even a scratch on them.

Loved how the course caught the cheaters out :)

very pleased with Winterfell Sprite (Faith) and Winterfell Princess (Maggie) who made it to the semis after coming back from injury.

Would be great if we could have another event later in the year??? (ducking for cover...) Maybe an entry fee to cover the cost of the prizes/rosettes? We'd be more than willing to help out again.

Awwwwww Toddy :) such a lovely boy. All three dogs show a lot of promise.
It really was a great day, fab ground and brill that all the dogs came home sound with not even a scratch on them.

Loved how the course caught the cheaters out :)

very pleased with Winterfell Sprite (Faith) and Winterfell Princess (Maggie) who made it to the semis after coming back from injury.

Would be great if we could have another event later in the year??? (ducking for cover...) Maybe an entry fee to cover the cost of the prizes/rosettes? We'd be more than willing to help out again.

sounds like a great idea, :thumbsup:

will try sweet talk nicky when i next see her :)

I can see Nicky's face now :sweating: :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

It took a couple of days to get all that fencing up and then it all had to be taken down and put away.

I have an idea though and will talk it through with Nicky and Katie

Hopefully some of the other entrants may come and practice with us and there will be some more experienced dogs for us to run next time.

Well done to all the winners, glad little Suzie did so well. Her brother and sister were at EAWC event, Tiger did really well in the show. Hopefully there will be another one this year that I can get to.

Liz

Glad everything went well and well done to everyone that took part :thumbsup: Really disappointed that we didn't make it, hope to hear about another one soon!! x

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back