The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lymphoma

Oh I'm so sorry! :(

We lost Jack 3 weeks ago to cancer (suspected squamous cell tonsillar carcinoma). He developed obvious problems to us the week after he won his veteran racing champion title in March this year. We miss him so much but I'm also amazed at how well he performed that day considering his condition.

Dogs indeed are amazing, they can stand up in the face of adversity and surprise us all. Our other dogs were also aware of a loss but I think dogs accept their lives can be short lived and it's the survival of the pack thats more important to them. I also think that dogs have an uncanny awareness of illnesses like cancer as I'm pretty sure his brother was aware he was going to die and was brooding over him in the last week of his illness. I suspect that maybe your dogs had also been aware and sort of come to terms with the situation too.

I'm so glad Joy had a lovely holiday with you, I'm sure it's the best of memories she could take with her and you'll cherish them forever.

Rest In Peace Joy

:'( :'( :'( :'(

I'm so sorry to hear that Joy :wub: has lost her fight :(

RIP Joy, Run free :huggles:

Thinking of you all at this time :huggles:

I know exactly how you feel having lost our beloved whippet Jesse to bone cancer just over a year ago :( :( He lived for 11 months on 3 legs, bless him,

and we too went on a last holiday to Weymouth with him, his fav place :wub: :huggles:

:( Just found the strength to read this topic, i suppose there is only one good thing about finding out your loved dog has a terminal illness, that you have time to spoil them and make them as happy as possible with whatever time they have left. Clearly this is what you did and i'm so sorry you have lost such a lovely girl in this tragic way :(

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back