The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Making The Most Of Of A Sunny Day

Nicola

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Can we go out Mum...I'm bored..!

001-Copy.jpg

I'm even more bored now....

002-Copy.jpg

Oh go on then...let's go and meet your mates...

Muffin.. 8)

008-Copy.jpg

Jonah.. :clown:

006-Copy.jpg

and Gillian... :teehee:

007-Copy.jpg

..having fun on The Monsal Trail...

003-Copy.jpg

005-Copy.jpg

010-Copy.jpg

013-Copy.jpg

keep up...!

014-Copy.jpg

:)) Looks like they all enjoyed the walk! It has been lovely and sunny here today but, being by the coast, quite windy.

A few things to spot along the way...

wood anenomes...(carpets of them):

009-Copy.jpg

houses and mills through the trees...

017-Copy.jpg

018-Copy.jpg

old bridge railings..and rusty ironworks!

021-Copy.jpg

022-Copy.jpg

027-Copy.jpg

024-Copy.jpg

Noo...don't look down Gillian..!

025-Copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely photos. Been quite nice here today too ;)

...we went off piste down to the river in Cheedale for refreshments for the boys....

028-Copy.jpg

029-Copy.jpg

030-Copy.jpg

..and then back home....to more sunshine...

038-Copy.jpg

Stanley in the shade with a chew...

035-Copy.jpg

and refreshments for moi of a different kind.... :thumbsup:

039.jpg

Lovely photos Nicola, and I really like your story as usual! Fred did look rather bored at the beginning but he soon cheered up when he met his mates :D Like the last ones of home too. Really enjoyed this morning's walk - thanks for showing it to me :thumbsup:

Lovely photos Nicola, and I really like your story as usual! Fred did look rather bored at the beginning but he soon cheered up when he met his mates :D Like the last ones of home too. Really enjoyed this morning's walk - thanks for showing it to me :thumbsup:
Thanks Gillian. I enjoyed it too....I'll have to see what I can come up with for next time..! ;)

Thanks for those, it was lovely to see pics of Miller's Dale. I remember walking there about 25 years or more ago, when we lived in Chapel-en-le-Frith. A beautiful part of the world. Enhanced of course by gorgeous whippets & Stanley :wub: .

What lovely pictures,you look like you had such a wounderful time.I could imagine my "Stanley" having the time of this life there too.

Thanks Sue &' Stanely baby'. The White Peak is lovely with its deep dales and rivers. We just have to be careful at this time of year with the nesting birds and wildlife along the river banks....we didn't stay by the river for long ;)

I remember you saying you lived in Chapel all those years ago Sue. It's a handy place to access the white peak and is surrounded by all those hills and moorland even if it's not the most picturesque town in itself, like many of the little towns round here. Do you remember much of it?

Thanks Sue &' Stanely baby'. The White Peak is lovely with its deep dales and rivers. We just have to be careful at this time of year with the nesting birds and wildlife along the river banks....we didn't stay by the river for long ;)
I remember you saying you lived in Chapel all those years ago Sue. It's a handy place to access the white peak and is surrounded by all those hills and moorland even if it's not the most picturesque town in itself, like many of the little towns round here. Do you remember much of it?
We were only there for about 18 months, but I still keep in touch with some of the friends that I made then. I was part of a lovely spinning circle that met regularly. The main thing that I remember about being there was the friendliness and humour of the people I met. I know that is a cliche about northerners but I found it to be true. Didn't see any whippets or flat caps that I recall!

Totally beautiful pics and story as always :thumbsup:

Looks like a walk I would love too ;)

Fred is looking as handsome as always :wub:

Dosnt he look very bored on those first pictures... :wub: :lol: so pleased you took him out on that lovely walk

with his friends.... smashing place to walk Nicola. :)

...and whilst I'm here I may as well add these photos from last weekend too. Not worth a thread of their own, but we were making the most of the warm spring sunshine. Spent most of the day out and about in the hills..........did a lot of mooching more than mile crunching:

001-1.jpg

004-2.jpg

006.jpg

007-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

You and Gillian always go on such lovely walks and take lovely pictures, its nice for all the boys to meet up. I love the pictures of Fred in his chair :huggles: and the last picture you have posted of him is lovely with the Blue sky as a background :wub:

Brilliant photos, as always, Nicola. :thumbsup: Such beautiful and interesting scenery. :wub: :wub: Fred's leg looks in a really uncomfortable position in the first two pics!! :lol: :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back