The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Microchipping

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
*Lesley* said:
Beerhound said:
~whitecross whippets~ said:
had monty identichipped today and he bled everywhere :( he didnt cry or anything but it looked awful...the vet said it happens all the time?..i usually have black dogs but i cant say ive heard of it before(casper is white but he was done under ga when he was neutered so i dont know whether he bled but he was a adult )he seems fine though...my poor baby :( has this happened to anyone else?

Neither of mine bled when they were done, nor did they scream.I am a bit of a coward though and didn't want them to associate (sp) me with pain if it hurt. So I got the OHto take them in.

lol I made OH take callie and Sienna :b but I'm a bit braver now and I like to be there to comfort them afterwards :huggles:

I did the comfort bit!! I had Bradley done at ringcraft as the local dog warden trains her dog there and they have a microchip session every so often.

i must admit i was surprised by the blood but he is so small and so light coloured ....on the other hand like i said he didnt yelp at all and he was busy scoffing treats and didnt stop only to swallow so im sure he will survive....actually i think hes quite a tough little lad :wub:

~whitecross whippets~ said:
had monty identichipped today and he bled everywhere :( he didnt cry or anything but it looked awful...the vet said it happens all the time?..i usually have black dogs but i cant say ive heard of it before(casper is white but he was done under ga when he was neutered so i dont know whether he bled but he was a adult )he seems fine though...my poor baby :( has this happened to anyone else?

This is another reason I have ALL of the pup's I've bred Tattooed at 6 weeks old .........Its quick and "un lumpy" :b ..........Yes this does also make them bleed but it's done and dusted quickly ......No foriegn bodies floating around :blink: ........Just my personal opinion .........BTW just out of interest is it normal for breeders to have pup's ID chipped or Tattoo befor hand ?? .......

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back