The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Minehead Harriers Show

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Sunday should be fair, warmish weather as a ridge of high pressure tries to build! Cloud could build up from mid to late afternoon as fronts slowly push in from the west, to bring rain overnight sun/mon.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi was just wondering where everyone is camping on saturday night?? The camping listed in the details is over 2 miles away,we have found a couple closer to the showground and the pub!!! Been talking to Stormy and he is staying at one of these and would be good if we had a few more people to stay over with us!!! :cheers: Shane and Tish
:thumbsup: I don't know if it's in the same field as last year but we stayed in the field Saturday night, Sue, Paul, Berni, Steve and myself, Good luck. :thumbsup: Di

We've been told we can't camp on site because its national trust land unfortunately must be a different field to last year.On the plus side weather is looking good for sunday :D

Hi was just wondering where everyone is camping on saturday night?? The camping listed in the details is over 2 miles away,we have found a couple closer to the showground and the pub!!! Been talking to Stormy and he is staying at one of these and would be good if we had a few more people to stay over with us!!! :cheers: Shane and Tish
:thumbsup: I don't know if it's in the same field as last year but we stayed in the field Saturday night, Sue, Paul, Berni, Steve and myself, Good luck. :thumbsup: Di

We've been told we can't camp on site because its national trust land unfortunately must be a different field to last year.On the plus side weather is looking good for sunday :D
Same field as last year,and good weather for Sunday :))

Would you all let us know which camp site you are on so we can try to get the same one :D

Would you all let us know which camp site you are on so we can try to get the same one :D
Hi Kev Porlock caravan/campsite, theres 2 next door to eachother, this just happened to be the one i found first and kinda looks the best :-

Just setting off for ferry in 20 mins, Di pm your number and ill try and stop by as i heard you make lovely tea and even help poor people out with petrol money ;)

Hi Kev Porlock caravan/campsite, theres 2 next door to eachother, this just happened to be the one i found first and kinda looks the best :-

Just setting off for ferry in 20 mins, Di pm your number and ill try and stop by as i heard you make lovely tea and even help poor people out with petrol money ;)

Hope you get my pm in time john see you Monday friend. ;) Di

Hi, We are going to stay there also, see you all there ;)

I'd love to be able to come along, but I have visitors!! (w00t) (w00t)

Good luck everybody and I hope the sun shines for you :thumbsup:

Good luck Pat + Andy with the show and everyone else,hope its stays for you at least :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: Would love to come up and see this one but we got a Open Show the same day. :D

Hi, just wondered where the open show you are going to is? I'm also in Devon and wondered whether there was one locally? Looking to enter my beddie/whippet pup in his first show and the minehead one sounds quite competitive!

Cheers

Charlotte
hi welcome fellow beddie/whip owner, whereabouts in devon are you, 7/8/9 is lambo beagles at lands end w camping, 15th is cornwood agricultural at ivybridge on the a38, a very good one is buckfastleigh racecourse on the a38 on the 23rd coursing showing racing also with camping - 'other quality shows are also available'

Hope you all have fun folks now I really must go -_-

Hope you get my pm in time john see you Monday friend. ;) Di
di, you dont want to give him money for petrol-- he'll drink it ( the petrol) instead -- good luck john with the hounds , see ye at birr i hope, to all other competitors , if you dont win-- just smile

--------------------------atb --- den

MINEHEAD HARRIERS HUNT CLUB TERRIER,LURCHER AND FAMILY DOG SHOW.SUNDAY 2ND AUGUST 2009,

AT BOSSINGTON,PORLOCK,SOMERSET TA24 8HQ.

BY KIND PERMISSION OF S.G. WESTCOTT.

RACING BOOKING IN FROM 9.30.RACING STARTS AT 10AM.

SOUTH WEST SUPREME LURCHER CHAMPIONSHIP~12 NOON.

FOLLOWED BY UNDER 21"CHAMPIONSHIP.

SOUTH WEST SUPREME TERRIER CHAMPIONSHIP~1PM (THIS IS THE 1ST TERRIER SUPREME CHAMPIONSHIP TO BE HELD HERE)

FOLLOWED BY TERRIERS,17 CLASSES~2PM

LURCHERS,15CLASSES~2PM

FAMILY DOG,18CLASSES~12NOON

FUN DOG AGILITY,4 CLASSES~2.30PM.

QUALIFIERS FOR CHATSWORTH 2009

COUNTRYMAN'S WEEKLY 2009

SOUTH WEST SUPREME LURCHER CHAMPIONSHIP 2010

SOUTH WEST UNDER 21"CHAMPIONSHIP 2010

SOUTH WEST SUPREME TERRIER CHAMPIONSHIP 2010

REFRESHMENTS~LICENSED BAR~DRAW (NOT LONG NOW)HOPING FOR BETTER WEATHER ;)

CAMPING AVAILABLE PLEASE PHONE 01643 862521

ENQUIRES~TERRIERS BARBARA TSEVENS 01643 705924

LURCHERS~PAT QUANT~01823 252303

MINEHEAD HARRIERS HUNT CLUB TERRIER,LURCHER AND FAMILY DOG SHOW.SUNDAY 2ND AUGUST 2009,

AT BOSSINGTON,PORLOCK,SOMERSET TA24 8HQ.

BY KIND PERMISSION OF S.G. WESTCOTT.

RACING BOOKING IN FROM 9.30.RACING STARTS AT 10AM.

SOUTH WEST SUPREME LURCHER CHAMPIONSHIP~12 NOON.

FOLLOWED BY UNDER 21"CHAMPIONSHIP.

SOUTH WEST SUPREME TERRIER CHAMPIONSHIP~1PM (THIS IS THE 1ST TERRIER SUPREME CHAMPIONSHIP TO BE HELD HERE)

FOLLOWED BY TERRIERS,17 CLASSES~2PM

LURCHERS,15CLASSES~2PM

FAMILY DOG,18CLASSES~12NOON

FUN DOG AGILITY,4 CLASSES~2.30PM.

QUALIFIERS FOR CHATSWORTH 2009

COUNTRYMAN'S WEEKLY 2009

SOUTH WEST SUPREME LURCHER CHAMPIONSHIP 2010

SOUTH WEST UNDER 21"CHAMPIONSHIP 2010

SOUTH WEST SUPREME TERRIER CHAMPIONSHIP 2010

REFRESHMENTS~LICENSED BAR~DRAW (NOT LONG NOW,THE WEATHER HERE IS DRY AT THE MOMENT. :))

KEEPING FINGERS AND LEGS CROSSED FOR TODAY

CAMPING AVAILABLE PLEASE PHONE 01643 862521

ENQUIRES~TERRIERS BARBARA TSEVENS 01643 705924

LURCHERS~PAT QUANT~01823 252303

Good luck Pat + Andy with the show and everyone else,hope its stays for you at least :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: Would love to come up and see this one but we got a Open Show the same day. :D

Hi, just wondered where the open show you are going to is? I'm also in Devon and wondered whether there was one locally? Looking to enter my beddie/whippet pup in his first show and the minehead one sounds quite competitive!

Cheers

Charlotte
hi welcome fellow beddie/whip owner, whereabouts in devon are you, 7/8/9 is lambo beagles at lands end w camping, 15th is cornwood agricultural at ivybridge on the a38, a very good one is buckfastleigh racecourse on the a38 on the 23rd coursing showing racing also with camping - 'other quality shows are also available'
Cheers, thats all really useful, will def try and get to some of those! I'm based just outisde Exeter. How many beddie whips have you got? Finn is our first lurcher and is only 4 1/2 months old but is an absolute angel!

Hi Charlotte,The Open Show we are going to is for pedigree dogs only(kc reg)although you are most welcome to watch,but you will not be able to bring your dog inside.The Minehead one was also a Open Show but it did also have a Lurcher,Terrier and Family dog as well.Look out for events on this Forum :D also look in the Countryman's weekly for shows,which normally comes out by the Friday.Also if you are a member on face book,type in Devon family dog shows and a list will come up for you of events in Devon :D Hope this helps :thumbsup:
Thats great! Thanks. Will def try the facebook trick!

Hi Charlotte,The Open Show we are going to is for pedigree dogs only(kc reg)although you are most welcome to watch,but you will not be able to bring your dog inside.The Minehead one was also a Open Show but it did also have a Lurcher,Terrier and Family dog as well.Look out for events on this Forum :D also look in the Countryman's weekly for shows,which normally comes out by the Friday.Also if you are a member on face book,type in Devon family dog shows and a list will come up for you of events in Devon :D Hope this helps :thumbsup:
Thats great! Thanks. Will def try the facebook trick!

Cheers, thats all really useful, will def try and get to some of those! I'm based just outisde Exeter. How many beddie whips have you got? Finn is our first lurcher and is only 4 1/2 months old but is an absolute angel!

ooh and terrier, lurcher, family, coursing, racing and 'chase the bunny' at powderham castle with camping 26+27 sep

i have 2 terriers and 1 beddie/whip lurcher the pics are in my signature not a very good one of lovely willo, she's 7 months now and is a lovely girl, daresay i will bump into you somewhere.

ooh and terrier, lurcher, family, coursing, racing and 'chase the bunny' at powderham castle with camping 26+27 sep
i have 2 terriers and 1 beddie/whip lurcher the pics are in my signature not a very good one of lovely willo, she's 7 months now and is a lovely girl, daresay i will bump into you somewhere.
Will def be going to the powederham event. Your beddie whippet is the spitting image of what my pup looks like at the moment, don't suppose you got her from a breeder near plymouth did you? Cheers for all the tips on when shows are going on!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back