The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Missing Whippet In Kent

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
7 nights :eek: :unsure: that must have been torture :(

What an interesting idea, weeing in the field :blink: I presume Riley is her human owner? I would never have thought of doing that...

I'm going to have to go and give Josie a fuss now. It's so upsetting to read these stories (even when they have happy endings). I can't imagine what it must be like for people like poor Luci's Mum, who have been waiting for news for so long. And for poor Buffyrannoch losing Jack :'(

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats the best news EVER :cheers: :luck: :luck: What a relief it must be to all concerned

Thank you so much to all of you who said such nice things. Your good wishes were really important during such a trauma. I wouldn't go through that week again if you offered me a billion pounds.

Flossie is fine! Very thin and tired, and had to have surgery on her front leg where the car hit her. Apparently she flew up into the air, so maybe her speed and lightness saved her life. The wound was clean, although it needed to be cut back quite a lot in order to pull it together. She herself was clean and otherwise unscathed (she smelt of musty hay so probably found a dung heap or something to sleep on). When I drove into our field, there she was. I thought I was hallucinating, and jumped out so fast. At first she turned to run, but I knelt down and called in the silly way we do to our dogs, and it was then the most glorious reuniting, me crying, her wriggling and wagging. I sped back with the other dogs, phoned the vet's and took her straight in (horrible to leave her so soon, but the surgery didn't take long). I kept waking up in the night to make sure she was still there. What a happy ending! I did think I'd never see her again, but something just made me go back again and again. The theory is that dogs will always find their way back to the place they go missing from. The area she ran off in is vast and heavily wooded, she could have been anywhere for 7 nights. However, she must have heard/smelt/sensed us somehow.

Thank you Karen for sharing the wee secret with everyone! DogLost told me that one, saying you should fill a bottle and sprinkle while searching. Added to the wee of my others dogs it might have helped. Husband too reserved to join in. How can you be proud at a time like that?

Wound checked at vet's today, and she's very pleased with progress. Back again on Thursday, when hopefully the pressure bandage can come off.

Lots of love to you all and thanks for your support.

Riley

Such wonderful news!! Wow 7 days is a long time, must of been a real tear jerker to see you two reunited!! :'(

I have just caught up with this and that is so fantastic :thumbsup: :wub: :wub:

I am glad she is on the mend, well done Flossie :huggles: :huggles:

Riley said:
When I drove into our field, there she was. I thought I was hallucinating, and jumped out so fast. At first she turned to run, but I knelt down and called in the silly way we do to our dogs, and it was then the most glorious reuniting, me crying, her wriggling and wagging.
Wow had tears in my eyes reading that.

Congratulations on getting Flossie back - goes without saying you must be over the moon, give her a little cuddle from me :huggles:

Wow! I'm so pleased Flossie is safe & well! :wub: you must be so happy & relieved! :huggles:

So glad Flossie is home :D brilliant news

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back