The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Misty

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Welcome this is a very good site for advice I have found it very helpful. I have a 4 month old whippet Rosie she is hyper. I will say she is learning to recall to the whistle in the garden. When we are out in the fields I use a harness and a long training leash and I let her go on a long leash then recall her with the whistle and praise her loads and give her a treat when she comes back. When we take my daughters dog which is a Lab. I let her play with her on the long leash and recall her back and she is coming back. Having said this I would not let her off on a free run, she requires more training and I need more confidence in her. Yesterday I introduced her to some geese and swans on the lake on a short leash and she was not interested she had a look and that was that. This may change has she get older plus she is quiet nervous this been one of the reason for the introduction but is still very young I am hoping confidents will come. I love the harness and long leash.
Thanks for tips - what sort of harness do you use and how long is your training leash?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back