The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Mod holiday cover

JudyN

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I'm off on holiday shortly - a week in a cottage close to the Isle of Skye, then a week near Edinburgh. I should have internet, but wouldn't like to rely on it, so JoanneF has kindly agreed to be temporary mod while I'm away - thank you JoanneF :) If all goes to plan, I should get to meet Timber :D

Sounds lovely, wishing you happy hols!:)

Collie provided free of charge...

G belongs to the owners of the cottage we are in, and 'free ranges' round the loch on our doorstep. He has accompanied us on a couple of walks, persuading us to throw sticks for him (I know, but he finds and chews sticks regardless, and we throw them away from him for him to find). He has even wandered into the cottage when we left the door open, and when he realised Mr R wasn't going to give him any of the food he was cooking, he came to me for a bum scratch and a canoodle on the rug. I shall miss him when we leave:emoji_blue_heart:

Attachments

• Griff Nostie 230617 3.JPG
    10.1 MB · Views: 76
  • Griff Nostie 230617 4.JPG
    12.8 MB · Views: 67
  • Griff Nostie 230618 10.JPG
    9.6 MB · Views: 63
I have no idea why the photos aren't showing in the post...

I could see them when I pressed the right doodah. He's a handsome boy, isn't he? I do flinch at free-range dogs, but I know there are areas where it's normal for people to do that, and a collie at least would come home eventually.

Lovely that you could have some dog snuggles.

Lovely pictures.
Maybe you could be tempted again:rolleyes:
Have a nice time.

He is a good looking boy for sure! It looks beautiful there:)
When I posted pics of the jewellery I'd made they all did the same, I thought it was just me!:rolleyes::D

Handsome chap! Clicking the download button opens them in a new browser tab for me.

I do flinch at free-range dogs

Me too - I would say it's a very safe location as long as he doesn't head for the road, though I do wonder if he's wise enough not to get cut off by the tides - the island in the pic is only accessible at low tide.

Nostie 230621 87.JPG

Though maybe he only wanders when he tags along with people? The owner said that once he's decided to walk with a guest, he always stays with them, never choosing to go off with someone else. Maybe in his head it's his job to look after us. While we were on the island having a healthy picnic of crisps and Hobnobs, he did suddenly sprint back home, only to run back to us a few minutes later. I suspect someone called him for his tea, then he returned to his duties:)

The owner demonstrated to us how he 'helps' when she checks up on the chickens, by rounding them up... aka repeatedly running round the large wire enclosure they live in! I'm sure I could hear Jasper saying, 'I thought collies were meant to be clever...':D

Looks like a lovely place, the sort of place I wouldn't mind moving to! Have to persuade Mrs ARH first ;)

As @JoanneF has done such a good job of keeping the forum in order, Josie has agreed to promote her permanantly to the role. This should mean that inappropriate posts should disappear, and issues be dealt with that much quicker. Thank you, JoanneF :)

Thanks Josie, but really it's our lovely members that make this forum what it is. I'm on a few forums (not just for dogs) and some of them are much less friendly and kind.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back