The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

More Help Please

OEH

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well since Thursday morning each morning I have gone down to the kitchen there has been a puddle :eek: and occasionally a pile (w00t) .

I don't know who is doing it, but the facts are as follows:

1. until then Josephine rattled the kitchen door (to the garden)very loudly every morning at 5.30 to be let out to go. This has stopped.

2. Nana will NOT pee in the evening when we let her out. OH thinks that this has coincided with the puddles in the morning. If really pushed she does the other instead.

3. Someone is scraping gently at the kitchen door (to the living room) between 5 and 6, and by the time I have woken up enough to hear this and go down to open the door IT has already happened quite recently.

How do you think I find out who it is who's doing it and how do I stop it.

I thought I might sleep downstairs by the kitchen door then I could hear and get there in time, but that isn't really a long term solution and won't stop it nor will it tell me who's doing it.

My second thought was that I could crate one at a time and find out when it stops.

The third thing is that they are going into kennels for a fews days on Wednesday (which they love) and this break in the routine might sort the problem.

We are going to the vets today so I'll ask him.

Any help or ideas greatfully received.

ps I have been washing the floor with boiling water and biological washing powed and spraying on the odour eliminator spray.

sounds cruel, but i've read that withholding water at night and feeding them morning instead of night will reduce 'accidents'. then, gradually build up quantities again until you reach their tolerance level. this is bound to be distressing for them as well as you, because my two HATE the washing powder treatment to the extent that if they REALLY have to go, they'll jump at the toilet door handle until they get it open and pee on that floor, rather than pee on my biological kitchen :D

Maybe if the rattling from Josephine has stopped she could be the one, has anything changed for her because she has a bit of an anxiety problem and peeing thing a while ago didn't she :unsure: or maybe it's just because it is so cold lately I know I have to practically force mine out at night in the cold.

Does Nana go normally during the day if not it could be that it is painful for her and maybe an underlying problem, infection or something and only going when totally desperate or that she's not drinking enough during the day and too much at night(just guesses really) :unsure:

If you start letting them out earlier than you normally would they will get used to that, my OH gets up at 5.30 for work during the week and at the weekend they let us know it's time to get up (w00t) (I have selective hearing on those days :- " so OH is usually up before me :- " )

I know where you are coming from though it's always a toss up between the 3 if anything goes off in our house although I can usually narrow it down to either Callie or Spry or both :devil:

Hope it sorts it's self out for you :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read your other post do you think it could be related to Nana's lump :unsure: maybe the vet will know :thumbsup:

Aww hope you find out whos responsible :- " :- " ... Nana isnt on any medication by the way (or any of the other dogs ) ... just my old dog Chip used to pee more often when he was on his medication over his last 4 years, just a thought.

It must be quite a puzzle when you have 3 dogs. :blink:

Janimal said:
Aww hope you find out whos responsible :- "  :- " ... Nana isnt on any medication by the way (or any of the other dogs ) ... just my old dog Chip used to pee more often when he was on his medication over his last 4 years, just a thought.

Surely its about time for you to find out for yourself? LOL LOL :lol: :thumbsup:

Juley said:
Janimal said:
Aww hope you find out whos responsible :- "  :- " ... Nana isnt on any medication by the way (or any of the other dogs ) ... just my old dog Chip used to pee more often when he was on his medication over his last 4 years, just a thought.

Surely its about time for you to find out for yourself? LOL LOL :lol: :thumbsup:

Now now now ....... I think 2 will be just fine Juley thank you ..... :lol: :lol:

Janimal said:
Juley said:
Janimal said:

Now now now ....... I think 2 will be just fine Juley thank you ..... :lol: :lol:

Thats what I said :- "

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back