The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Mourne Lurcher And Terrier Charity Show

josh10

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
THE MOURNE LURCHER AND TERRIER SHOW WILL BE HELD AT THE USUAL VENUE IN GLASSDRUMMAN COUNTY DOWN,

ON THE DAY WILL BE ALL THE USUAL LURCHER TERRIER WHIPPET STRONGDOG AND HOUND CLASSES AND RACING ALONG WITH A FEW NEW AND REVIVED EVENTS TO BE ANNOUNCED LATER,THERE WILL BE STALLS FOOD AND KIDS ENTERTAINMENT SO COME ALONG FOR A GREAT HUNTING BASED FAMILY DAY

thanks for giving so much advance notice!

looking forward to it.. we shall see you there kieran

carlsberg dont do lurcher and terrier shows but if they did it would be this one. :clown: :clown:

Few things to update,there will be craft stalls and childrens entertainment for all the family theres vintage machinery and off road 4x4s also for what i believe to be the first time in northern ireland though i may be wrong

THE FIRST ANNUAL MOURNE DIGGING COMPETITION,rules will follow shortly

Last edited by a moderator:
digging competition is run as follows

it will be for teams of two,on entry each team will take a number from a hat which will correspond with a dig site.luck of the draw but all ground is the same.

each team will use their own tools spade,shovel though a maddock is allowed

first team to be able to place the box in their dig with the top stick level with original ground level wins,

prizes will be double so each member has trophy each :clown:

digging competition is run as follows it will be for teams of two,on entry each team will take a number from a hat which will correspond with a dig site.luck of the draw but all ground is the same.

first team to be able to place the box in their dig with the top stick level with original ground level wins,

The digging sounds like fun :D will make sure i bring my spade
digging-1.gif

digging competition is run as follows it will be for teams of two,on entry each team will take a number from a hat which will correspond with a dig site.luck of the draw but all ground is the same.

The digging sounds like fun :D will make sure i bring my spade
digging-1.gif
entries from the ladies also welcome you know 8)

John and myself are a little over the hill for digging Kieran, would probably fall into the whole and die, but we will look forward to seeing Bluebell with her spade, and all the other women taking part. It will be hilarous.There will be some craic on that day. Great idea Kieran.

John and myself are a little over the hill for digging Kieran, would probably fall into the whole and die, but we will look forward to seeing Bluebell with her spade, and all the other women taking part. It will be hilarous.There will be some craic on that day. Great idea Kieran.

Margaret you with your spade and me with my spade :D fight to the death
digging-1.gif

digging-1.gif
yous can join together as a team,i think there might already be one ladies team :clown:

digging-1.gif
yous can join together as a team,i think there might already be one ladies team :clown:
Don't you need ladies for that Josh :lol: good luck ladies. :lol: lets see who the biggest mole in Ireland. (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

Only seen this once at a show, :p so good luck with the digging comp Josh. :thumbsup:

digging-1.gif
Don't you need ladies for that Josh :lol: good luck ladies. :lol: lets see who the biggest mole in Ireland. (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

Only seen this once at a show, :p so good luck with the digging comp Josh. :thumbsup:

i dare not comment on the first for health and safety reasons but i do hope i get a few ladies teams in attendance :clown: :clown: :clown:

the mourne digging championship is now kindly sponsered by irish countrysports and lifestyle magazine,the competition has been set for teams of two digging a tea chest size hole approx[750mm wide by 750mm deep]the chest will have a cross head fitted 3oomm over the leading edges and these must touch existing ground level for the dig to be complete. the first team with the chest square in the dig wins with runners up being the next to finish.

dig sites will be on a lottery system on entry a number will be drawn and will correspond with a dig. none of the ground will be predug so its luck of the draw

ground conditions will be the same for everyone and the field is on a drumlin hill so it is pebble clay. EACH TEAM WILL SUPPLY THEIR OWN DIGGING GEAR ON THE DAY. spades shovels and maddocks allowed. very best of luck to all that enter.

All ready for the digging championship Keiran :lol:

anijackhammermw9.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back