The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Mourne Show Photo's

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
nighthunter,any dog that cant clear that little jump here in ireland isnt fit to be classed as a lurcher,

nighthunter,any dog that cant clear that little jump here in ireland isnt fit to be classed as a lurcher,
I wasn't criticizing the size of the jump -_- but more its construction and some of the materials used, After all some of the best Lurchers can make a mistake :clown: So in your opinion the fawn dog in the photo that is about to land on its neck is not fit to be classed as a lurcher??

ok sorry i should reword it,a lurcher should have no problem jumping that, :lol: but in furthor answer to your question a few of the brothers and sisters of that wee fawn dog went over the water and i do beleave there classed as non peds runing out of traps on tracks so the answer could be a bit mind boggling look at sohns dog a true lurcher he doesnt have a problem clearing the bales

ok sorry i should reword it,a lurcher should have no problem jumping that, :lol: but in furthor answer to your question a few of the brothers and sisters of that wee fawn dog went over the water and i do beleave there classed as non peds runing out of traps on tracks so the answer could be a bit mind boggling look at sohns dog a true lurcher he doesnt have a problem clearing the bales
Quite a few dogs cleared them the 1st time.Colt being one of them.But 2nd time round,most run round the thing,and no dogs jumped in either the semi finals,where there were 5 dogs in each semi.Dogs usualy hurdle well,over things they can see through.But when the unexpected hurdle appears,and they are jumping blind,then they have no way of telling whats on the other side,and some totaly misjudge their take off,throwing them out of ballance.Dogs should be trained to clear wall's n solid fences,as well as barbed wire,or sheep wire ones.

ok what i am saying is a dog that jumps a bale or 2 or a 5 barbed gate should do it with ease any dog will follow another around :eek: i was there on the day and was suprised some dogs got a way lightly but fair play to that little fawn dog it had courage and i would rather have a dog like that anyday then a dog that stops :angry: thats the hard blood in the whippet i say,it hasnt really been shown how to jump but if it was it would give 100%

not gettin involved in the debate side but the jump was only 3foot 6 high the posts were 8 inches below the top and were only knocked in the ground,not that the dogs were going to touch them but in the unlikely event that it happened a yorkie could knock them down

Quite a few dogs cleared them the 1st time.Colt being one of them.But 2nd time round,most run round the thing,and no dogs jumped in either the semi finals,where there were 5 dogs in each semi.Dogs usualy hurdle well,over things they can see through.But when the unexpected hurdle appears,and they are jumping blind,then they have no way of telling whats on the other side,and some totaly misjudge their take off,throwing them out of ballance.Dogs should be trained to clear wall's n solid fences,as well as barbed wire,or sheep wire ones.
jump wasnt that bad for a dog to jump ,its just most of the dogs were jumping shite on the day , probably because it was a solid jump and not see through ,the dogs where slowing down to much coming up to it than puttin to much power into the jump..

my dog jumped it great first time but in the semis went round ...... i dare say if he wasnt behind a dog in the semis he would of gone over , shame he was behind colt lol .....

just to add ... billy i dont train my dogs to jump walls and solid fences or hedges when running as i only lamp my dogs, so any thing other than netting or barbed wire my dog normally stops , i like them to do this so they aint trying to run quarry by scent alone cause imo its the easiet way for a lurcher to start self hunting and working the fields...... now before the ban(in the uk and before i came over to NI) my old dog was trained to jump all as he was worked in the daytime on deer...

Last edited by a moderator:
my bullx jumped it then followed colt in the next round

So then fatcontroller (aka mark brick) :- how does it feel to be back on k9 putting your point across???? :lol:

So then fatcontroller (aka mark brick) :- how does it feel to be back on k9 putting your point across???? :lol:

:- Have you only just worked that one out Helen. :teehee: (w00t)

no..... i have only just read this topic - i knew straight away :D
the whole of K9 knew ;) except for one person sorry ...but hes been informed :thumbsup:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Mark (fatcontroller)

i hear you say that your judging at Shanes Castle at the end of the month, you mustve enjoyed Mourne then ?

Last edited by a moderator:
only one person asked the question who owned the dog who won the racing in the way fatcontroller asked here?!!!! ;) its ok..your secret safe with me..

ok might as well get banned quicker,well as mark well done to everyone who stood there in that bloody rain :p the turn out was one of the best or not the best ive seen at a show in years,maybe the irish are showing the way in lurcher shows as we dont get that turn out over here esp in such bad weather,kieron i cant thank you enough and your family for showing me and angela such a great weekend and i hope you and your family will come over here for a bit of hunting :D and shopping of coarse :lol: the standard of dogs was fantastic and not a thing lurcher owners want to hear but i could of tossed a coin for 1st and 2nd place many a time ;) john your one clever man you can hunt me out anywere hopefully when you do cornwall this year you will call in :lol: and we might get that run with cat and china i didnt think she would chase the lure after her few hard seasons but she did i just forgot how to slip :lol: :lol: anyway like i say well done to you people over there some top dogs and i think this country has a long way to go to beat some of your dogs were slowly spoiling it over here for ourselves with all the bitching over there with that turnout the atmosphere was fantastic and billy i dont mind whippet greys and your dogs are in good nick and it was nice to meet you but i will see you all again as ive been asked to judge a few but i like the charity ones and again well done for raising so much for a worthwhile charity and i for one hope you lot over there kick arse over here cause the condition and commitment you put in to your dogs as well as the time and money travellin over here you deserve it,markbrick nu1 working lurcher owner :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: now iam banned ps i was sick on that bloody ferry as well :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back