Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Mouse: 4 Year Old Whippet Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachelo

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Mouse is a 4 1/2 year old whippet girl - with a little bit of Collie we suspect which makes her slightly heavier and furrier than pure whippet. She's been a much-loved member of our family since she was found as a stray at 3 months old and has been a wonderful pet - taking part in all our family life. She's house-trained, walks to heel, good company, very intelligent etc. The recent addition of a new baby to our family has meant she's not getting the attention and exercise she's used to and we have sadly decided that a baby-free, more rural home is what she needs to be happy. She is very fast (but hasn't raced) and also a good hunter (having had 20 squirrels in our local park!) and we think she would make a good working dog - although accustomed to being a much loved pet too.

She is a gorgeous girl and attracts attention wherever we go. She's gentle with children although having a toddler around has probably annoyed her a bit - ideally a home that has older children if any - and definitely no cats! We have another whippet (boy) and they get on well although never really becoming best friends. Mouse is slightly independent and keeps to herself more than our other clingy little boy whippet! She is great meeting other dogs but we suspect she prefers to be an 'only dog' although may be wrong.

If you can offer a rural, peaceful home with time for long walks/chasing rabbits and space by a warm fire then Mouse would be the best dog you've ever had.

Please contact via K9 messaging or email direct: rachelo1972@hotmail.com Thanks for reading xxx

mouse.jpg DSCF5750.JPG DSCF5749.JPG

mouse2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mouse is beautiful and I would have her myself if I had the room!! :wub:

If anyone from the West Country would like to offer Mouse a home, I am more than willing to help with transport :thumbsup:

Good luck, I'm sure she will find a home very soon :luck:

thanks Jane - that's sweet of you. Mouse would love it in the West Country having holiday-ed there a few times! x

I would add - although we've said rural home, really this just means somewhere with chance to run free a few times a week. Could easily just be on outskirts of town. Our local park gets a bit dull and like any sighthound Mouse really comes alive with wide open fields where she can safely let off steam!

Has little Mouse found her forever home yet?

Mouse looks a sweetheart

best luck in finding her a wonderful new home.

Hi, just wondering if you have found mouse a home yet as i am looking to rehome a whippet for my greyhound as a companion.?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Closing this post due to inactivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back