The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Mr Croft-Slater

bilbie

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Does any one know of this gentleman or how I can contact him? His dog Black Lance features in my pups pedigree and I would like to know more....

Martin

Last time I spoke to him he was recovering from a very serious stroke. He was at that time very dependent on others to do things for him such as answering the phone etc.

I haven't phoned him since for fear of distressing him. The last time I asked about him his situation seems no better.

mr f c slater hails from cumbria. black lance was the sire of the late great sooty sam from north wales, the were predominately of laguna origin

Here's his pedigree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just came across this old thread - my dog's dam is from Black Lance line (Oakdream Knightstar) - any info on the breeding of this line? - obviously I have the pedigree back to the Laguna stage, but no background info. It seems to have been quite famous in racing circles. Any pics would be nice.

Elizabeth

moriarte said:
Just came across this old thread - my dog's dam is from Black Lance line (Oakdream Knightstar) - any info on the breeding of this line?  - obviously I have the pedigree back to the Laguna stage, but no background info. It seems to have been quite famous in racing circles. Any pics would be nice.
Elizabeth

how far into laguna does your pedigree go?

L. Laquer L. xmas carol (L. lennox L. larripus) x2

The dam was Dancer in Time, back to Sequence of Shalfleet, Samoems? Silent knight of shalfleet etc

moriarte said:
L. Laquer L. xmas carol (L. lennox L. larripus) x2
The dam was Dancer in Time, back to Sequence of Shalfleet,  Samoems? Silent knight of shalfleet etc

If you email me then I'll send you the background peds. Since the board has changed any ped that I post is too small to read.

Barbara

don't know how accurate this is cos i've taken it from a hand written pedigree by mr slater

View attachment 9737

This is what I've got. Hope it works. been a while since I've tried to post a pedigree here too. I've got more if you want it.

oakdreamknightstar5.html

Attachments

• oakdreamknightstar5.html
    4.6 KB · Views: 134
bilbie said:
Does any one know of this gentleman or how I can contact him? His dog Black Lance features in my pups pedigree and I would like to know more....
Martin

Hello, my name is Jessica Anthony, Croft Slater is my Grandad!!! he is doing well, yes he did have a stroke and does not keep dogs anymore but he would love to hear from please e-mail me and i will give you more info jesska_b@hotmail.com he will be very touched to know some one is trying to get in touch with him!

Hi folks. I realise this is an old thread, but as I have recently joined this group, and I have a whippet bitch that is a decendant of Sooty sam on five lines, I thought I would say hello. I have traced her pedigree to a full 10 generations (upto 20gen. incomplete so far). If anyone would like a copy of this ped, email: ian@wileman580.freeserve.co.uk.

I think I can trace Black lance back about eight full generations as well. Cheers. Ian :thumbsup:

Here are Laguna Light Lagoon and Laguna Laquer who feature in Black Lance's pedigree (hope they're the right ones :- " the photo is from the 70s I think) . My Gelert has something of Light Lagoon (GGG Grandfather) about the face I think (same little bump in the nose).

I'm hoping my new great niece of Sooty Sam is being whelped as I type :sweating:

Lagunalaquer.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back