The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Multiple dog household

Tinytom

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We have had 5 dogs sometimes 6 when fostering for 11 years now ....our three lurchers are all older and seemed to have aged really quickly ...somehow watching lurchers age is harder than other types as they are such athletic dogs to watch them now sometimes breaks my heart ...the days when i used to curse victor and murphy for speeding off after a deer dissappearing into the distance ....coming back covered in mud and sometimes in cuts ...:(:eek:....
Tilly still runs like a pup every day she is 12 in November but the boys have really slowed down ...i suppose at 10 and 14 after their 90 min walk each morning have the right to sleep most of the day ...waking to have a stroll in the garden ...eat and drink. ..often waiting for titbits to be fed whilstlying whilst lying in their chosen spot for fear of it being pinched by one of the others ...:D
Victors previously broken hind leg was giving him pain this morning so had some metacam. ..
I suppose its treasure every day and make life the best they can have ;)
I dont think we will have 5 dogs again maybe just have 2 and a foster ...

I've been where you are, and it IS hard, but it would be so much harder if WE outlived THEM. Old dogs have their own charm. My last dog is in her twilight years too, but there is still so much we can do together. Somehow she has trained Mr. Hemlock into giving her all sorts of snacks through the day, and her prewash skills are considerable. She only has to hear me tearing up newspaper to arrive with her ears akimbo and a big grin, waiting for the game that involves tiny pieces of meat or cheese being hidden in newspaper, then put in a cardboard box.

I only have the one dog but yes, it's hard. I try to take the view that every good, happy day is a bonus and try to cram in as many happy moments as I can.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back