The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

My bitch mated with a 2nd dog, please help!

gil hayek

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello, yesterday, was my akita inu 9th or 10th day in her heat cycle.
She mated with another akita, both excellent pedigree.
24hrs later, they mated again, both times they locked about 15minutes.
3 hours after the 2nd mating, a stray managed to break in and he mounted her, i ran to them, they were tied, i acted fast, hosed him with water and pushed him, they got unstuck. The whole thing took less than a minute, maybe 30seconds, but they did tie.
What should i expect now?
A litter from each male? what are the chances that the stray didn’t get her pregnant at all? and if so, could it affect only 1 or 2 pups or it could affect a larger number?
i asked around, i was told to let her rest for 48hrs, than let her mate with the akita at least once or twice.
Any advice?
Thanks a lot, I’m so worried

You could arrange an Alizin injection.

that is something i am thinking about.
is there a chance that the other male didnt get her pregnant? thinking that she must be full of the akita's sperm, and the 2nd male didnt even last 1min

It doesn't work like that. A female can have one litter of pups with several sires.

The Akita may not have been fertile and all puppies could be crossbreeds!

Safest to abort and get the job done again the next time. Then take more care to protect your bitch from stray dogs.

Don’t think the swearing is pleasant to read :( totally unnecessary

[Content deleted by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
Have I lost the plot somewhere, what have I missed?

I do think anyone who wants to breed should actually go visit a few rescue centres first before making a decision, Akitas, Huskys, French Bulldogs to name but a few breeds suffer from being 'popular' or 'fashionable' dogs to have..:( and sadly these pups bring in lots of money which makes them attractive to breed...

Have I lost the plot somewhere, what have I missed?
The posted has posted on 3 different forums with exactly the same post. On the two other forums the threads have been locked.
On one forum their country is shown as Lebanon !

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back