The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

"my Dog Smells Like Britney Spears"

Ms Molly

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello Listers

I thought you guys might enjoy reading the antics (as told by Kirsten Fredricks in Virginia USA) of Delta, Taejaan Innocent Eyes (impAustralia) It seems our Delta keeps Kirsten on her toes, and is extremely entertaing to say the least. She is on holiday from her owner Deann Christianson of Chelsea Whippets CA.

cheers

Molly

Taejaan Australia

www.taejaan.com.au

Read On---

Delta whippet is a great huntress. She likes to go for her evening jaunts out into the pastures and woods looking for prey. Since coming here in the Spring, she has systematically eliminated all the feral cats in the barns, including all the summer kittens, several birds, two groundhogs and has maimed at least one deer.

For the past three weeks, Delta has met her greatest foe yet...the neighborhood skunk. The first time she stalked this beast, I was in Oregon on a business trip and got a call from Shelton telling me all about Delta's adventures with a skunk. It seems she found the skunk on her morning run and took a direct hit 5 minutes before Shelton had to leave for work. He threw her in the house, hoped for the best and came home to skunk juice on all the furniture. He had to live this way for the entire week I was gone.

Delta, being the great huntress that she is, has wisened up to the ways of the skunk. She's been sprayed 4 times now, each with a lessening degree of stench. She's learning how to stalk the skunk without being sprayed directly. This requires great skill. I thoroughly expected a kill within a few weeks.

Tonight, as I sat here on the computer, the overwhelming pungant odor of said skunk came wafting through the open windows. This is the closest the skunk has ever been to the house. My first thought was Delta must have brought her prize home! We shall no longer have a skunk problem!

I opened the back door and in jumped Delta. Oh my god, the stench just about doubled me over. But, it wasn't skunk - it was STINKWEED! Stinkweed?! She was covered in fleas and licking her chops. It must be over. I put Delta into a crate and proceeded to let my boys out into the dogyard as it was their turn for last "outs".

No sooner had a turned to address the problem with Delta that I remembered a very important detail. The barking had already started. The ONLY place stinkweed grows on our property is outside the day yard fence line - where the BOYS are now! It was too late. Odi, Riggins and Butters have taken a dousing spray from the very pissed off, still very alive, skunk.

I brought the boys into the bathroom and did my best to deskunk them with tomato juice, white vinegar, 3 types of shampoo and some type of St. Ives apricot scrub that was left over from my sisters visit this summer. They now smell like rotten eggs at the bottom of a "Bath and Body Works" cart.

Delta, on the other hand, still smells like stinkweed. I tried everything - even the apricot scrub. I need to go to sleep tonight so as a last resort, I sprayed her with my Britney Spears "Fantasy" perfume. The mixture of vanilla spices and skanky blonde whippet somehow seems appropriate.

Kristen

Ms Molly said:
Hello Listers
I thought you guys might  enjoy reading the antics (as told by Kirsten Fredricks in Virginia USA)  of Delta, Taejaan Innocent  Eyes (impAustralia) It seems our Delta keeps Kirsten on her toes, and is extremely entertaing to say the least. She is on holiday from her owner Deann Christianson of Chelsea Whippets CA.

cheers

Molly

Taejaan Australia

www.taejaan.com.au

Read On---

Delta whippet is a great huntress. She likes to go for her evening jaunts out into the pastures and woods looking for prey. Since coming here in the Spring, she has systematically eliminated all the feral cats in the barns, including all the summer kittens, several birds, two groundhogs and has maimed at least one deer.

For the past three weeks, Delta has met her greatest foe yet...the neighborhood skunk. The first time she stalked this beast, I was in Oregon on a business trip and got a call from Shelton telling me all about Delta's adventures with a skunk. It seems she found the skunk on her morning run and took a direct hit 5 minutes before Shelton had to leave for work. He threw her in the house, hoped for the best and came home to skunk juice on all the furniture. He had to live this way for the entire week I was gone.

Delta, being the great huntress that she is, has wisened up to the ways of the skunk. She's been sprayed 4 times now, each with a lessening degree of stench. She's learning how to stalk the skunk without being sprayed directly. This requires great skill. I thoroughly expected a kill within a few weeks.

Tonight, as I sat here on the computer, the overwhelming pungant odor of said skunk came wafting through the open windows. This is the closest the skunk has ever been to the house. My first thought was Delta must have brought her prize home! We shall no longer have a skunk problem!

I opened the back door and in jumped Delta. Oh my god, the stench just about doubled me over. But, it wasn't skunk - it was STINKWEED! Stinkweed?! She was covered in fleas and licking her chops. It must be over. I put Delta into a crate and proceeded to let my boys out into the dogyard as it was their turn for last "outs".

No sooner had a turned to address the problem with Delta that I remembered a very important detail. The barking had already started. The ONLY place stinkweed grows on our property is outside the day yard fence line - where the BOYS are now! It was too late. Odi, Riggins and Butters have taken a dousing spray from the very pissed off, still very alive, skunk.

I brought the boys into the bathroom and did my best to deskunk them with tomato juice, white vinegar, 3 types of shampoo and some type of St. Ives apricot scrub that was left over from my sisters visit this summer. They now smell like rotten eggs at the bottom of a "Bath and Body Works" cart.

Delta, on the other hand, still smells like stinkweed. I tried everything - even the apricot scrub. I need to go to sleep tonight so as a last resort, I sprayed her with my Britney Spears "Fantasy" perfume. The mixture of vanilla spices and skanky blonde whippet somehow seems appropriate.

Kristen

Hello there Kristen, 6am here in the good old uk, just done myself a full monty, cant face it now thank you :lol:

keith :cheers:

OMG!!!

I have tears rolling down my face and the worst stomach stitch ever!! That would have to be the best laugh ever!! :lol:

:D Cracking story :D

Really enjoyed reading Deltas' antics. Bet Delta and the boys thought the smelt gorgeous

:x POOR YOU! :x

Yvonne xx

8)

Oh Delta, you little Princess! :wub:

My Mabel enjoys rolling in the runniest, most revolting fox poo she can find, but having lived in the US (Texas), I know that there is truly NOTHING that smells anywhere near as bad as SKUNK! :x

And they look so cute.... o:)

I hope Britney manages to cover up the stink :luck:

Liz and the Monellis

poor you i thought the smell of fox was bad enough but skunk :x delightful little creatures dogs for rolling in things they shouldnt :wub:

Oh that was funny - well written - Kirsten has a talent.

It's nice to hear the naughty side of the Taejaan clan! :lol:

o:) s in the show ring, :devil: s elsewhere :teehee:

pmsl

fox is bad enough!!!!!

Swans poo isnt much better

And they always find it !!!!

They think its lovely and cant understand the bath that always follows!!!! (w00t)

:x One of mine has rolled his neck and collar in badger pooh today that smells :x

Glad we dont have Skunks :x

alfie said:
Oh Delta, you little Princess! :wub: My Mabel enjoys rolling in the runniest, most revolting fox poo she can find, but having lived in the US (Texas), I know that there is truly NOTHING that smells anywhere near as bad as SKUNK! :x

And they look so cute.... o:)

I hope Britney manages to cover up the stink :luck:

Liz and the Monellis

As Delta's co-owner here in the USA, I would like to say that we were insufficiently warned about Delta the Huntress.

I don't understand why Australia still has a rabbit problem since Delta did pass the first few years of her life there.

My English Mabel doesn't bother the skunks, but she does love to roll in this horrible stinky worm smear that we get. These big worms we have here come out of the ground and die and leave a greyish-brown glob in the grass, and English Mabel is never happier then when she comes in with a nice sticky, stinky smear of worm stank behind each ear. You'd think as many times as her nasty ass has been thrown in the bathtub and washed clean of it, she'd give up, but she still thinks it's just the thing for the well-groomed Whippet to be wearing.

I had a male dog to roll in male fox urine once, and despite three baths and cider vinegar rinses, you could still catch a good whiff of it behind his ears for the next three months every time he went out in the rain. Yuck.

Karen

Last edited by a moderator:
(w00t) :blink: :x

Ohh! My Jaw is aching!!

More please More!!!

:thumbsup:

Kristen here...

I don't post often, but I have lurked for a long time. I was pleasantly surprised to see Delta's story posted to K9. She might be :devil: but I wouldn't have her any other way. Her :clown: antics keep us entertained 24/7. She loves living in the rural country. If I had to rely on Delta to eat, I'd never go hungry. :cheers:

Maybe one day she'll be stealth enough to get the dreaded beast. :ninja: Until then, we've posted another score for the skunk. We're now:

Delta 0 - Skunk 6 :x :nuke: :x

Kristen Fredericks

Mariner Whippets

Smithfield, VA USA

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back